OCD Awareness Week: 9-15th October 2016

For OCD Awareness Week 2016 we are working to reach out and raise awareness of what Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is really like. OCD – The real story, what it’s like to live with OCD.  

In order to make this work and raise awareness we are looking for help.  If you're willing to share your OCD story (either via our website or ideally with the media (usually local newspaper or radio, but also national if we can get opportunity) then please get in touch with me.

If you're not UK based then you can still get involved, we can pass your details on to one of the global partners for OCD Awareness Week.

• Ashley pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ashley for getting the right contacts for the ocd story.

This was something I posted on a furom back in October 9th

Hope you are doing alright, ocd can be a right pain.

I might be featured in a newspaper which I think might be the the Sunday post. A few weeks ago I got some photos taken also had a chat on the phone with one of the editors who might be writing the story up about ocd.  I talked on the phone about how the condition affects my everyday life, I tried to think of some of the harm thoughts I usually get and mentioned a few on the phone. I mentioned about getting some CBT and how CBT can help you. He seemed a nice man on the phone and was very understanding. So we got a few photos taken and I remember one being with my dog cassie. See what happens from there I suppose.

Another couple of things I've managed to do is to tell more people about the ocd and a lot of people at the volunteering seemed very understanding. In a way I enjoyed talking about the condition, it gets rid of that stigma in a way.

I've not really told many family members such as uncles or aunties, I might maybe think about it for the future.

That's my story in the newspaper (The sunday post)

Hoping the link works okay

• Ashley unpinned this topic