OCD-UK conference 2016

Hi. I've been looking for details ref this year's conference but haven't been able to find any. Please can someone let me know where and when it is this year? I have a feeling it's in the south and I am hoping to be able to go.

Thanks, peeps :)

Oh...I'm a bit disappointed about that - I'm not great with reading stuff or watching stuff online - guess I'm just showing my age...........to me not the same as meeting people and hearing talks and so on...........I hope it's a great success though.

Previous conferences have been great, lostinme,  I've been to 3 or 4 - Manchester, Bristol, Derby and, maybe, Bournemouth ..oh and Cambridge - so 5!....it's been great to meet up with people from the forum and then to meet up again at susequent conferences.

I'm sure the webinar will be good though.

Yes sorry gang, will be updating in the magazine.   With Beth due to finish next week to go on maternity and speakers all overseas when I wanted to do a conference this year I have decided to take a year off, but we already have two speakers confirmed for Glasgow in May (most likely last Saturday in May, the BH weekend.. TBC) and I am meeting a potential venue host for a conference in England later in 2017. 

I'm glad to hear it's only a year without a conference due to circumstances and not a policy change..........I've never been to Glasgow - might be interesting - and I wait to see where it might be in England later in the year.

21 hours ago, whitebeam said:

Previous conferences have been great, lostinme,  I've been to 3 or 4 - Manchester, Bristol, Derby and, maybe, Bournemouth ..oh and Cambridge - so 5!....it's been great to meet up with people from the forum and then to meet up again at susequent conferences.

I'm sure the webinar will be good though.

Hi Whitebeam,

It sounds like the previous conferences have been good because you have returned year after year, I can't say I'm not a little disappointed because I was looking forward to going and meeting new people in the same situation as myself, but I can always go next year. I could always try the webinar but not sure how it works though. 

20 hours ago, Ashley said:

Yes sorry gang, will be updating in the magazine.   With Beth due to finish next week to go on maternity and speakers all overseas when I wanted to do a conference this year I have decided to take a year off, but we already have two speakers confirmed for Glasgow in May (most likely last Saturday in May, the BH weekend.. TBC) and I am meeting a potential venue host for a conference in England later in 2017. 

Hi Ashley, 

It is shame but sometimes these things can't be helped. Could you please tell me if any one can join in the webinar and how does it work? 

Many thanks Lostinme. 

The webinar's will be available to anyone (we have up to 100 lines).  I am still testing the software, so the first one will be November at a guess.  In advance I will promote and advertise it, we may make a nominal charge of £3 or £4 per place (to stop people reserving a space and then not turning up) but will be free to OCD-UK members of course.   

The webinar will be exactly like a conference presentation except through a webpage (or app if using a mobile device). A guest speaker will have the microphone for 20/30 minutes which you will all be able to see the person and hear them and see any PowerPoints they want to show, but they can't see or hear you.  Towards the end of the lecture I will make a Q+A box available for the audience to type questions, only you and the speaker (and myself as moderator) will see the questions, so then the speaker can choose which they answer and which are ignored (if rude :a1_cheesygrin: )

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

The webinar's will be available to anyone (we have up to 100 lines).  I am still testing the software, so the first one will be November at a guess.  In advance I will promote and advertise it, we may make a nominal charge of £3 or £4 per place (to stop people reserving a space and then not turning up) but will be free to OCD-UK members of course.   

The webinar will be exactly like a conference presentation except through a webpage (or app if using a mobile device). A guest speaker will have the microphone for 20/30 minutes which you will all be able to see the person and hear them and see any PowerPoints they want to show, but they can't see or hear you.  Towards the end of the lecture I will make a Q+A box available for the audience to type questions, only you and the speaker (and myself as moderator) will see the questions, so then the speaker can choose which they answer and which are ignored (if rude :a1_cheesygrin: )

Thanks Ashley sounds good to me and quite straight forward, so I will join in with this instead. 

Many thanks.