Im not Aving it DR :)

Guest David green

Guest David green

Last time i see a doctor which was 6 months ago i felt like i was having a little mini breakdown!

So today i call drs reception asks why do i want to talk to dr.Well i said as i do suffer badly with panic attacks plus the dam OCD i need a home visit and as i only see a dr once every 6 months i dont think thats to much to ask for.End of :)

Well now im ready for them to call me out the blue and try play me,Hey but this time im READY!.

I spoke to a dr the usual kinda trick questions but she was cool and im genuine trust me so i filled her! in she didnt feel me in yeah feel me.

Im not aving it anything could happen to me when im vulnerable like that as people on the streets just waiting to try pull a fast one.

Guest David green

When that Dr called she did sound nice and gave me her time not rush rush rush and one thing she said is i understand well i stopped her right there and said you would only understand if you had ocd yourself.I wasnt rude as wheres that going to get me i was just tired of unnecessary worry and to much stress that an average person would take for granted. 

We spoke about a lot the odd trick question did come into play well ive heard it all before so i was ready for all that.I even thought i would stress what we have all seen on the news about the national health system concerning mental health ie not enough support.She even told me she see on her system that i am down for home visits ok my brain recorded that so i will stress that also when we meet.

Well i suppose ill see how it all turns out people you know what the worry and stress does to us all and yeah know we just get to tired at times.But we will not be afraid as morpheus says in the matrix if only neo took the other pill?. hehe

Hi David,

Why do you feel you need a home visit?  Does your OCD/panic not allow you to see a Dr at the surgery?  Of course, a Dr will only be referring you to your local therapist anyway, so hopefully they will refer you to your local IAPT service.

Is it just OCD that you are having problems with?   

Ashley.

Guest David green

Ashley its terrible the build up to a dr's appointment is like the end of the world panic getting worser and worser the closer i get to that day.Last time i was at the surgery i was talking 100 miles an hour honestly but the dr did treat me well i must admit.I came out of the dr's room then my legs turnt to jelly i thought they would give way i made a b line out the main door.Then i really was in a bad way and if anyone wanted to fight me they sure would of been in with a good chance of defeating me.

Edited by David green
Guest David green
8 hours ago, Ashley said:

Hi David,

Why do you feel you need a home visit?  Does your OCD/panic not allow you to see a Dr at the surgery?  Of course, a Dr will only be referring you to your local therapist anyway, so hopefully they will refer you to your local IAPT service.

Is it just OCD that you are having problems with?   

Ashley.

The mental health team say im diagnosed with agrophobia and ocd end of fella.:)

12 hours ago, David green said:

The mental health team say im diagnosed with agrophobia and ocd end of fella.:)

Which is why you have problems making visits to places like Doctors surgery's.

You could do with a referral for therapy.  It would probably be helpful to work first on the general anxiety and panic disorder (which fuel the agoraphobia) so that you can learn to deal with it in a way that it doesn't impact on your daily life so much.  It may be that the IAPT service can make home visits or perhaps someone could go along with you to give you support in the waiting room etc.

Guest David green

Ok cool

My mum has always been there for me but shes now 75 so she really could do without it at her time of life.IAPT could happen but i heard its no good to be honest it sounds a waste of time if these people are not trained properly.I dont feel like im at a crisis in my life at the moment as thats when i usual need the mental health team,im just getting on with it really.And you may of seen my thread on here 6 months ago when i last went to the doctors god it was a nightmare it was like i was having a mini breakdown just because of a dr's appointment as it goes it was close to my birthday back then and on my birthday thats when i had finally recovered from that.Funny that

If going to a Dr's appointment is having such a massive impact on you, then you're not coping "normally" with life, you're just getting by by avoiding things you find very difficult.  IAPT services can be hit & miss OCD wise but so far as anxiety & panic disorder are likely to be quite helpful to you.  Give it some thought :)

Guest David green
3 hours ago, Caramoole said:

If going to a Dr's appointment is having such a massive impact on you, then you're not coping "normally" with life, you're just getting by by avoiding things you find very difficult.  IAPT services can be hit & miss OCD wise but so far as anxiety & panic disorder are likely to be quite helpful to you.  Give it some thought :)

Thanks for your words of advice

Theres people much worser off than me that need the mental health team like people who are in a bad way in a bad place.I feel you,hit and miss with IAPT i spoke to a dr once who doesnt really know me only the mental health team know me.He did mention IAPT but after i realised who he was talking about i emailed the surgery and told them i deserve better than this.This DR was even trying to catch me out like saying well i see you was late! picking up your medication.I replied well i am sometimes late as i find that hard to deal with at times,you gotta have an answer for them before they try pull a fast one.

Years back i was caught with 2 ounces of cannabis well last time i see there so called DR in the mental health place she mentioned that.Now what did that have to do with my OCD NOTHING! she tried to make me confess to something exactly,So i looked her straight in the face and i said it was personal.The rooms are recording us you know it while we are in the mental health teams place,see i aint silly they wont pull a fast one over on me.

Anyhow thanks help others who really need you :)

Maybe being a wee bit paranoid David.  It can be a symptom of cannabis use.....maybe worth thinking about for the long term, it's not going to help your mental health :)

It's not really down to the fact that there are others worse than you, this is about you and you've nothing to lose by taking the IAPT route.  Anxiety-wise, it can't do any harm &is very likely to offer some help.  Give it some thought

Guest David green
8 hours ago, Caramoole said:

Maybe being a wee bit paranoid David.  It can be a symptom of cannabis use.....maybe worth thinking about for the long term, it's not going to help your mental health :)

It's not really down to the fact that there are others worse than you, this is about you and you've nothing to lose by taking the IAPT route.  Anxiety-wise, it can't do any harm &is very likely to offer some help.  Give it some thought

Yeah sure i see where your coming from concerning IAPT its cool i will look into that more thankyou :).

And about that cannabis that was so many years back yeah know im clean off it for years now and god do i feel so much better for it this is another thing i can help others with as i have a history of it.Exactly as time went on when i was getting it more and more out of my system there was less and less paranoia and you dont see this while your under the influence you will only see this once you are clean off the cannabis for a few years! that is.Its one drug that takes an awful long time to get out of your system and mind.

PEACE x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David green
On 9/27/2016 at 01:51, Caramoole said:

Well ive not long had a home visit with dr she was cool we talked about quiet a few things no problem.I was slightly anxious b4 she came god knows why well thats anxiety for yeah playing tricks with our minds.She even gave me a flu jab TIDY i wont die this year then haha.