How do you cope with thoughts that dont make any sense? (Merged Topics)

28 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

You've got to let this go. It is what it is. Sitting there thinking more about how your brain comes up with intrusive thoughts is not going to give you the answer you want.

Everytime i try and move on a new and scarier thought comes,some of them make me physically sick

5 hours ago, PolarBear said:

You've got to let this go. It is what it is. Sitting there thinking more about how your brain comes up with intrusive thoughts is not going to give you the answer you want.

Everytime i try and move on a new

scarier thought comes up.

6 minutes ago, David green said:

Jampot if they dont make sense they are BS

I always go with what makes sense and if it doesnt i have no time for it my friend

Goodluck to yeah :)

Thanks 

Edited by jampot

Hi Jampot,

I know you're struggling, but to make it easier for people to follow the advice being offered it is best to stick to existing topics if it's the same subject, so I have merged your last two topics.

First of all let me say it's great you went to see a therapist.

23 hours ago, jampot said:

My brain is under stimulated he said and i am also burnt out,as running own buisness has taken its toll.

I am not sure what this means that your brain is under stimulated, surely if you are busy then your brain will be over stimulated?   Anyway, I guess what I am asking is how much does your therapist know about OCD?  The above sounds like a lame response from the therapist, and even if true (most of us are burnt out, stressed, depressed or something) we still have to find a way to try and move on against the OCD.  To do that, we need good people behind us offering us the right advice, which I guess brings me back to the question about the OCD knowledge of the therapist.

4 hours ago, jampot said:

Im getting now some really nasty thoughts and trying to relabel but they are discusting and si upsetting.

Well at the risk of coming across cheeky, I am afraid if it is an OCD intrusive thought then by definition it will be upsetting, and/or disgusting.  So this is again where I am afraid I come back to the same point, what did the therapist suggest you do in these circumstances?

In terms of what is going on with your OCD, at a guess the relabelling is no longer helping you, and I am guessing it's simply a neutralising compulsion.  At some point you need to look at what the thoughts you're experiencing mean to you, and what your theory A and theory B is. By doing that, it may help you deal with them better and start being able to respond with something other than anxiety and dread.  Something to discuss when you next see this or a different therapist.

Ashley.