Don't want to do my compulsions but feel I need to

Guest alex-online

Who made the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder Alex?  How do you feel about the diagnosis, do you feel it's accurate/fair?

Far be it from me to make any form of diagnosis, particularly based purely of the written word but from what I have seen, I would be more inclined perhaps to think that it is a combination of growing up issues alongside OCD and anxiety.  I get a little concerned at how easily labels are attached, particularly at a young age.  What do your parents say?

Guest alex-online
1 hour ago, Caramoole said:

Who made the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder Alex?  How do you feel about the diagnosis, do you feel it's accurate/fair?

Far be it from me to make any form of diagnosis, particularly based purely of the written word but from what I have seen, I would be more inclined perhaps to think that it is a combination of growing up issues alongside OCD and anxiety.  I get a little concerned at how easily labels are attached, particularly at a young age.  What do your parents say?

My psychiatrist about three years ago and then an interim clinical director did again last year - NHS. Before that at private, Priory, I was told I had BPD, then bi polar, then this and that!

Yeah I hear you. I think I have depression to be honest. I don't see the point anymore. Haven't left my flat in a while- just posted some letters. They say I have to deal with my difficulties and don't think I have anything wrong with me other than a little anxiety. :( 

1 minute ago, alex-online said:

They say I have to deal with my difficulties and don't think I have anything wrong with me other than a little anxiety. :( 

Don't you?  Do you think that life is going along nicely for the most part, because that's not how it appears by your posts?

....and yes you do have to deal with your difficulties, it's part of the transition of growing up.

How long have you been living alone Alex?  Do you work, have you any friends and hobbies?  Tell us a bit more about day to day life.

15 minutes ago, alex-online said:
1 hour ago, Caramoole said:

So what are you planning to cook Alex?

I don't know. :( 

What have you got in the house to start with?

Guest alex-online
32 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

Don't you?  Do you think that life is going along nicely for the most part, because that's not how it appears by your posts?

....and yes you do have to deal with your difficulties, it's part of the transition of growing up.

How long have you been living alone Alex?  Do you work, have you any friends and hobbies?  Tell us a bit more about day to day life.

What have you got in the house to start with?

No, I don't think life is going along nicely at all. Quite the opposite. I nearly did it last night. :( 

Indeed.

Since the 8th August. I don't work, not allowed to do volunteering because I'm waiting for DBT therapy, 0 friends and no hobbies apart from watching air crash investigations. I wake up late after my meds wear off, breakfast, cut, nap, PC, lunch, four packets of sweets :( and then EastEnders maybe.

I will have to have the left over soup from Saturday otherwise it would be a waste. :(

Thanks for caring.

Firstly, my apologies Alex, I misread your earlier post and thought you said you were doing nicely :(  Duh!!

That's a lot of time on hand with nothing to do, it gives a big space for worries and anxiety to build.  Are there any other hobbies that you might like to try that could maybe help you move towards mixing with others a bit?

And what about tomorrow's meals.......what do you like to eat?  Cooking needs a bit of forward planning, it's no good waiting until meal time and finding you've nothing in to cook with.  Get yourself over to Central Perk and start Alex's Cooking thread.  Tell me the sort of things you buy as ready meals & we can get cracking with some ideas on how to create them :)

Guest alex-online
16 hours ago, Caramoole said:

Firstly, my apologies Alex, I misread your earlier post and thought you said you were doing nicely :(  Duh!!

That's a lot of time on hand with nothing to do, it gives a big space for worries and anxiety to build.  Are there any other hobbies that you might like to try that could maybe help you move towards mixing with others a bit?

And what about tomorrow's meals.......what do you like to eat?  Cooking needs a bit of forward planning, it's no good waiting until meal time and finding you've nothing in to cook with.  Get yourself over to Central Perk and start Alex's Cooking thread.  Tell me the sort of things you buy as ready meals & we can get cracking with some ideas on how to create them :)

No worries!

Indeed, there is a lot of time. I was going to the gym but I haven't even been able to shower until today let alone go to the gym.

I like pasta. I've got some penne pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes and tinned tomatoes and lots of mozzarella and will make a pasta bake.

Thank you, I will do. :) 

Guest alex-online

In regards to my notes, I have e-mailed the team leader with the following:

The team leader had put:

‘I am concerned that interventions should be based on clinical need and not on Alex’s demands’.

My response:

I am very disappointed by this reference. I am now seeing my CPN once a week and am seeing an STR worker. This is an intervention that is based on clinical needs and my request. I don’t understand why it took until seeing a psychiatrist for this intervention to be put in place.

There are no demands, I want the service to be safe and to support me in the best way possible.

Hope this is all ok? I don't know who else to share it all to. :(