Ocd is stopping me from working and doing things id normaly look forward to.

Has got to the stage this week where i dont want to work because im affraid of the thoughts getting worse when im there.

it has always been worse when im at work.

would this be classed as avoidance?

Also seems that i have lost interest in everything.

should be going to a champions league football match soon

but am dreading going..as am affraid of something happening...

Ive lost so much of my life to this illness i just want my life back and be happy.

sorry about this post bit depressing.

Your situation is not going to change until you change your situation. You've repeatedly told us how bad your situation is and you've often asked why, why, why but I haven't heard anything from you about taking a proactive stance and deciding to fight back.

What are you doing to help yourself? Have you spoken to a doctor recently? Have you checked out CBT availability in your area? Have you got a hold of a good self help book, learned about OCD and started applying it to your circumstance?

Feeling defeated is a state of mind only. It's not a life sentence, though. It can change as soon as you start doing things differently. 

People can and do get to a better place with their OCD all the time. You're not unique. There's no reason you can't change the way you approach your disorder and get to a better place. You just have to try and keep on trying.

Dear jampot,

I know just how you feel. My ocd is often related to work. Until recently I would say to myself ' I don't trust my ability to judge properly so I won't go in today. However I came to realise, with the help from my friends on this forum that this approach is avoidance. So now I make myself go in no matter if ocd is strong. I act 'as if' iam fine and am learning that it is OK to make mistakes at work. At first I would really obsess over this until our wise friend Polar Bear said this: 'you act like you don't care, the actual not caring comes in later'.so I actually get up each morning a d go to work even when I trusive thoughts are strong. I do have bad times but I feel like I am slowly getting my life back. Strangely the more I ignore these feelings they are losing g their power and feeling more engaged at work as a result. Jampot you deserve happiness in your life must as much as anyone else! Start allying CBT and feel the fear and do it anyway, even if you need to go slowly, be kind to yourself, we are often so hard on ourselves. Take care☺

27 minutes ago, Cmck43 said:

Dear jampot,

I know just how you feel. My ocd is often related to work. Until recently I would say to myself ' I don't trust my ability to judge properly so I won't go in today. However I came to realise, with the help from my friends on this forum that this approach is avoidance. So now I make myself go in no matter if ocd is strong. I act 'as if' iam fine and am learning that it is OK to make mistakes at work. At first I would really obsess over this until our wise friend Polar Bear said this: 'you act like you don't care, the actual not caring comes in later'.so I actually get up each morning a d go to work even when I trusive thoughts are strong. I do have bad times but I feel like I am slowly getting my life back. Strangely the more I ignore these feelings they are losing g their power and feeling more engaged at work as a result. Jampot you deserve happiness in your life must as much as anyone else! Start allying CBT and feel the fear and do it anyway, even if you need to go slowly, be kind to yourself, we are often so hard on ourselves. Take care☺

Thank you.

Great advice from these guys jampot. I concur. I think you need to accept how you are feeling, you cannot wait for that feeling to change because you could be waiting for a very long time. You can't out think the feeling either, noooo. Start doing healthy things regardless how you feel. One foot in front of the other to work/friends/the gym/the health foods store, etc. Eventually your brain will catch up :) But right now it will tell you it won't. But do healthy things anyway.