Please read... Am I the only one? Tired...

I can't stop thinking about everything. I used to be where I'd worry about something for a day and the next day I'd be over it. Now the things I think of continue in my sleep into the next day, weeks, etc. I can't stop wishing that I could go back to my life before the anxiety. All day all I think of is what could have caused the sudden increase in anxiety and then when I think I've made a reason I get upset and try to fix that reason to go back or to at least diminish the worry. When I think of these I feel in a state of fear and I feel that this is the worst worry. I can't focus on the things around me, I can't think of anything but creating solution.  I can't think of anything but how it was before and what could be causing this and how I can change it or how I can be the way I wss before, all I think of all day is upsetting things and I end up crying. I worry every day and I can't stop thinking about the same things and creating new problems and new "solutions" 

Is this something ANYONE else has dealt with? I'd love to know I wasn't alone 

Sounds like you may have Generalized Anxiety Disorder on top of any OCD you have. Have you spoken to a doctor about this? Are you on meds or considered taking them?

By the way, hundreds of millions of people suffer from anxiety disorders.

36 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Sounds like you may have Generalized Anxiety Disorder on top of any OCD you have. Have you spoken to a doctor about this? Are you on meds or considered taking them?

By the way, hundreds of millions of people suffer from anxiety disorders.

Thank you for replying - I am waiting for an appointment currently. This might sound stupid, and of course only my doctor can tell me but does this sound like any type of ocd?

Edited by TheAuthor

Well, people with OCD generally are people who worry a lot but usually it's in the realm of what their intrusive thoughts are. If you're worrying about everything, that's more an indication of gad than OCD. The thing is, lots of people with OCD also have GAD. They go hand in hand.