Having renovation done in house and feel overwhelmed!

Not sure if its normal,  but I'm constantly worrying and obsessing about the building work thats happening. 

We've been in our new house since January and I have always wanted a utility room doing, and when I want something doing I do it! So I've got these builders in to knock through to my garage.  

I've also got someone coming round to replace my conservatory roof tomorrow! I know.....

Thing is I'm a perfectionist and want a good job doing! This is causing me to look at every detail and stress endlessly about nothing really.   I'm glad I have a doorway through now, instead of going all the way round to the garage. 

Just wish I would just let them get on with it and stop stressing, husband isn't bothered but I am! 

Any advice welcome! As my head is going to explode with stress and anxiety. 

Your husband is the one to emulate. he has obviously elected to go with Taurean's problem solving rule -  having made the various selections and choices of firm, style with you - accepted  things and dismissed all anxiety about the outcome.

It's never good to be focused on perfection - and if you are trying to impose it on others, you will put pressure on yourself and get into a state. 

Trust the workers - and learn to accept what risk you haven't been able to  eliminate by choices.

We had a new roof, and some damp works, last  year. Very disruptive, but we put our faith in the firms we had chosen, got friendly with the workmen - and got distracted to other things while they worked :).  We kept a firm control over them nevertheless, just make sure they know that you are keeping that watchful eye on them, so they aren't tempted to lessen standards.