Thanks for everyone's help.

Really not sure this is helping me,

After i did my usual thing by saying that i'm sure this is more than ocd and that i have a serious mental illness.

He offers me an evaluation form that takes 1 and a half hours to complete!

So i said to him have i not got given the diagnosis of ocd/neurotic?

He said sometimes we can miss things out??

That started alarm bells ringing,what if i've gone 24 years with a mental illness that was or is not ocd?

I am so confused now..do i take the test,

then find out that it's something other than ocd?

As it says really,i know i have ocd,but when i challenged the therapist he then offers me a evaluation form.

so the more and more i think about it i think most of this is me over analyzing over thinking and over stressed!!

so i'm going to have a break from the forum as i think i'm using this as reassurance.

Huge thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice.

and listened to my bablings.

xxxxx

You are fastening on to one comment he made and exaggerating it 

7 minutes ago, jampot said:

sometimes we can miss things out??

I reckon he just wants to dig a little deeper and then analyse your thinking patterns. That would be right, but I feel uncomfortable re this questionnaire. 

8 minutes ago, jampot said:

That started alarm bells ringing,what if i've gone 24 years with a mental illness that was or is not ocd?

Now stop that line of reasoning my friend. Far more important to accurately find out what your mental distortions are - that is catastrophising.

What would i do ? Assuming it's not long till you go back, I would complete the thought log instead and take that with you . I reckon there is a big chance that he will be pleased enough only with that. Make sure you are expansive on it so he can see what you are thinking, what you are feeling and how you react to try and cope.

We are in the dark as to exactly what this questionnaire might be, but it doesn't seem right to ask a very distressed person to complete a form that will take 1.5 hours without more detailed reasoning - if next time he still wants that (and I doubt it if the thought logs are filled in expansively) then I would insist on him explaining exactly what it is and why.he thinks it would be beneficial.   

32 minutes ago, taurean said:

You are fastening on to one comment he made and exaggerating it 

I reckon he just wants to dig a little deeper and then analyse your thinking patterns. That would be right, but I feel uncomfortable re this questionnaire. 

Now stop that line of reasoning my friend. Far more important to accurately find out what your mental distortions are - that is catastrophising.

What would i do ? Assuming it's not long till you go back, I would complete the thought log instead and take that with you . I reckon there is a big chance that he will be pleased enough only with that. Make sure you are expansive on it so he can see what you are thinking, what you are feeling and how you react to try and cope.

We are in the dark as to exactly what this questionnaire might be, but it doesn't seem right to ask a very distressed person to complete a form that will take 1.5 hours without more detailed reasoning - if next time he still wants that (and I doubt it if the thought logs are filled in expansively) then I would insist on him explaining exactly what it is and why.he thinks it would be beneficial.   

He only produced after i kept on going on about psychosis and a serious mental illness.

2 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

So you went on about possibly having psychosis and another mental illness and now you're surprised that your therapist has given you a test to see if you have psychosis or another mental illness? Do I have that right?

jepp but i always go on about that

Well done for clearing that up PB. 

So what do you plan to do jampot - accept that you are in fact obsessing about not having OCD / having a more serious illness - and stay stuck there, or do something about it? 

You could fill in the thought log, and that would help him see OCD and non-OCD distortions - but it won't solve the OCD about having a more serious illness - because the OCD would say the "evidence"  didn't happen in that 3 day period, you failed to declare it or whatever.

You would need to be prepared for that. 

Guest Alice36
On 2016. 10. 21. at 22:21, jampot said:

i will accept that i am obbsessing about not having ocd.

and accept that i have ocd.

Jampot, it’s really great, very well said. This is a very important result.  Accepting it as an obsession is the key in your recovery.  Just continue in this way :) 

This way you can be a more active participant in your life and you can see your life in a different colour!

4 minutes ago, Alice36 said:

Jampot, it’s really great, very well said. This is a very important result.  Accepting it as an obsession is the key in your recovery.  Just continue in this way :) 

This way you can be a more active participant in your life and you can see your life in a different colour!

Didnt last long obbsessing about that im psycotic and schizoprenic.

Reading about it taking tests on it.

feels like i really am psycotic judging by reading the symptoms.

Guest Alice36
23 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Ad I wrote in your other thread, STOP Googling about schizophrenia and psychosis and STOP taking tests. Those are compulsions.

Hey PB, this was the therapist’s test...

Now jampot can you see that there is NO good to come out of compulsing? 

Your brain keeps telling you you might be psychotic - obsession. This produces the compulsive urge to check carry out tests. 

Surprise surprise, you - or rather your brain - interpret the results as to there is a case to answer. 

Enter panic distress anger - the disorder. 

So do you see why we have to resist the urge to compulse, and accept that our thinking is distorted by OCD? 

So will you now focus away onto other things and resist the urge to compulse? 

This for me is a real area that will make a difference for you, and ease down the impact of your - very unhelpful - obsession. 

Separately, start to look at that obsession as the figment of OCD'S distortions, out to cause you nothing but damage and distress. 

See it for what it is - a very disturbing OCD intrusion - and stare it out by realising that is all it is - it's actually nothing more than an unwanted unhelpful negative OCD intrusion designed to elicit revulsion distress fear anxiety and the urge to compulse. It is worthless. 

2 minutes ago, jampot said:

But sometimes these thoughts are so unreal and are so out there that they must be delusional i am convinced .

You've convinced yourself of a lie. There are no boundaries to what OCD can come up with.

Trying to convince yourself that you are delusional, psychotic or schizophrenic is a compulsion. You must stop doing that. You must stop taking those tests.

22 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

You've convinced yourself of a lie. There are no boundaries to what OCD can come up with.

Trying to convince yourself that you are delusional, psychotic or schizophrenic is a compulsion. You must stop doing that. You must stop taking those tests.

I have not done any today.

just so affraid of the innhold of the thoughts