Feelings and worries invalidated by family

I'm so upset right now. I suggested to my mum and dad that I thought my daughter had ocd like me and just basically flipped at me "not she doesn't it's just your ocd" not all my flipping concerns are ocd. I know for a fact this isn't my ocd , this isn't a concern fueled by fear or compulsions it's a general observation as I reconsise the signs from myself I my be wrong and I hope I am but just feel so annoyed . 

Try not to take it personally, I guess they can see you suffering so might be worried and scared about seeing their grand-daughter suffering too.

The advice we always give any parent is to observe, and talk to your child about their actions, and if you still feel it might be OCD you should speak to a GP about arranging a CAMHS referral :)

I think you are right.  I'm more of the personality of "hurt me with the truth but don't comfort me with a lie" and I think they tend to be the other way round. 

At the moment it's more of the obsessive thoughts that are bothering her. She had a fear of me or her dad dying so wanted to stay off school , not attend any after school clubs , she stopped going to friends house. Etc etc . Turned out after 6 months she said she felt "she could protect us"  if she was with us. Anyhow we did a graded kind of erp face your fear thing. Gradually reindroducing those things. I'm pleased to say she has almost gone back to normal and doing all her usual stuff again . :-) so could have just been a phase or ocd that has been nipped in the bud , Not sure but we continue work at it.

Edited by mummyoftwogirls

You've done exactly the right thing, mummy. It's difficult to diagnose OCD in children, at least harder than with adults. Keep an eye out and assess once in a while. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be, but do keep an eye out.