Account xeletion

Guest alexell

Hi Alex,

I will delete your account if you want, but we can't keep bouncing between new accounts every few days. I appreciate this creates anxiety for you, but we have identified that this is a compulsion the constant deleting of accounts/new accounts. So whilst we have tried to help and support you with this short term, it's become long-term it's not helping, like any compulsion it's making the problem worse arguably.  

My suggestion is like last week, you stick it out with this account, and ride out the anxiety, face the fear :)   I think you need to speak to your mental health professionals also to help you address the problem long term.

I will proceed if you wish me to, but this needs to be last the time, there can't be any more accounts/deletions.   So up to you, let me know if you wish me to delete your account.   

Guest alexell

yeah no worries. after all the donations etc I see this is the only way

I am speaking to my mental health team

do you not think finding out I was neglected and forced over to social services when I was younger is enough to find out let alone the high anxieties of dbt

just delete my account and I will never come back

15 minutes ago, alexell said:

ironically you're pushing me away because of my ocd. lol. kinda goes against what your motto is etc. but oh well lol

Alex, you have asked to be deleted, so how is that us pushing you away?

1 minute ago, alexell said:

because you say this is the last time

Then stay with this account, do what I suggested last time that you create an account and stick with it through the good times and the bad times. I will change your account name to Alex, this is who you are, you're Alex. You don't need to keep creating new accounts each time there is some issue.

Stay, be Alex. You're most welcome to stay.

1 minute ago, alexell said:

and I cant challenge it. they say dbt first then cbt

That doesn't mean you can't challenge it, get someone to challenge it for you, seek a second opinion there's a lot you can do, you don't have to accept it if you feel CBT is what you need or want.

Guest alexell
1 hour ago, Ashley said:

That doesn't mean you can't challenge it, get someone to challenge it for you, seek a second opinion there's a lot you can do, you don't have to accept it if you feel CBT is what you need or want.

I do because the psychologist said cbt wont work and didn't work because of the underlying issues.

I think you need you need to try and understand the difference between someone supporting you and colluding with the OCD.  If you want people to acknowledge your OCD and continue to offer reassurance then this is not the forum for you.

If you want a forum where people will offer you helpful information and guidance, without colluding with the OCD then this is the right place to be.  You might be viewing that to be dismissive, but it's the right sort of response you need (even if you can't see it).

I guess the forum can not be too bad, a hour ago you wanted to be removed, you were back here within 20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

That's great, provided they are friends that give you the advice and support you need, rather than want.

I suspect it is probably the latter.

OCD is a horrible disorder and people struggle very much to apply the tried and trusted techniques that work.  Doing so is hard work and it's scary....too scary for some, hence they stay stuck.  Sure it's comforting to receive reassurance but that alone is not going to see anyone improve.  At OCD-UK our priority is to support and guide people towards improvement and recovery.  It truly saddens me to feel that through our forum we have a facility that allows those who struggle to band together and potentially worsen the already dire situation they are in.  You know not what you do!

Saying "There, there" and offering sympathy alone would be so, so easy.  It's not what we do, it would be very wrong and thankfully this charity has never taken that route.

2 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

I've actually had people tell me that they agreed with us, so it might be worth it to stay.

Just saying 

2 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

Like, ignoring or downplaying our pain

It doesn't read that way  at all.