I tore my toenail off

They got a little long because I can't look down and didn't notice. I caught the big toenail on the hem of my trousers. I knew I had done something bad. It isn't completely off but there is blood under the nail. I went online and they said that it isn't a doctor issue unless it needs drilling to remove blood and puss from underneath. I can lift the nail up a little. I tried to call my psychologist but she is off, my brother went down the road to get something for it, I am freaking out.

1 hour ago, Phili said:

I tried to call my psychologist but she is off

What about Phili?   Damaged toenails are not an issue, if in a few days it's painful or turning totally black then maybe a trip to the GP but otherwise try not to let OCD make a mountain out of a toenail :a1_cheesygrin:  

For what it's worth, mine turn black and drop off a couple of times each summer from the cycling. I assume I am pushing them against my cycle shoe sometimes. No problem, they grow back eventually.

Ouch, Phili! That must be so sore but, as Ashley says, it's not an issue that needs a psychologist. Keep it clean and it should heal - it may need a visit to a GP/nurse to clean it but it really shouldn't lead to anything more than a sore toe.

Take care  :)

whitebeam