What should I do?

Ok, so, a number of weeks ago I took my son to see a doctor who diagnosed him with a urine infection and prescribed antibiotics that seemed to improve him for a week and then it came back but it actually turned out he had a serious case of appendicitis and his appendix had actually ruptured and surgeons estimated it ruptured 10 days prior which would have been when the doctor misdiagnosed him. I saw this same doctor about excessive burping and stomach discomfort, he told me I was constipated despite me telling him I'd had awful diarrhoea I didn't think this was correct but was too anxious to argue, I went to see a diff doc a couple of weeks later who said I had stomach ulcers and then had a positive test for helicobacter pylori. I went to collect my regular perscription from the doctors and there was another one for a combination of 3 drugs for the H pylori, I noticed that the doctor who had misdiagnosed both me and my son had signed this script off. I began the treatment and came over extremely sick but put it down to the amount of tabs I was taking, until I started to experience a lot of anxiety after a relatively calm period, anyways, I googled my meds and there was a warning online that I shouldn't take one of the antibiotics with quitiapine as it increases the potency of it. I rang my regular doctor the next day who told me to immediately stop taking it, asked me how my breathing was or if I felt drowsy etc, I said no but I was feeling a terrible depression that just suddenly swamped me and he said no wonder I was feeling so rough considering the interaction of the drugs. Now my predicament is this, I feel like a should put a complaint in against the doctor because he might make similar or worse mistakes with other patients, I'd feel a little responsible if anything ever happened and I heard about it, on the other hand he's a new doctor and quite young and I'd be afraid he would lose his job over a few mistakes and I'd be responsible for that. I thought about an anonymous letter but he would know it was me by the situations described in the letter. I don't know what to do, I'm definitely having some sort of responsibility OCD over this! I don't even know what i would do without the anxiety around it! What would u do? X

I don't know what I would do but you can complain or you can leave it. It's completely your choice. What would you rather do? 

Definitely don't just complain because you feel responsible for the safety of other patients. Take a look at the challenging inflated responsibility section in chapter 5 of Break free from OCD (near the end of chapter) if you have it. It helps to show that sufferers often look at responsibility in all or nothing terms which is unhelpful and will help you apply some cognition to your situation :)

It might be worthwhile asking someone who doesn't have OCD what they would do in this situation. I don't think it would be seeking reassurance, but just taking into account what someone without an inflated sense of responsibility would do.

Thanks guys, I'm getting mixed messages, my mum said I should because of the state my son was in, he's lucky to be alive, my friend said maybe not because my son was showing symptoms of a urine infection and I suppose doctors make mistakes sometimes. Thing is, although I considered complaining at the time, this was triggered by a story in the news the other day where an overworked pharmacist was in court because he accidentally gave a patient the wrong medicine which then killed her. So I'm thinking this is an OCD issue yet also a legitimate concern! Maybe I'll wait until I'm less anxious to make a decision. Xx