Support groups and/or good therapist in Hertfordshire?

Hi,

Feeling really down at the moment, I feel like my OCD is getting worst and I have no-one to talk to who actually understands what it's like to live with! I really dont want to go to a support group or see a therapist, but I know I need to, so going to try my best and go. Can anyone recommend any in the Hertfordshire area?,

Thanks 

Hi Nats,

You're amongst people who know what it feels like coping with this nasty disorder, we're all here to support each other through.....it really can help to speak here on the forum, but go with what you feel comfortable with, we're always here:)

In terms of speaking to people face-to-face through a support group though, I think the closest to you would probably be central London...here's a bit more info, I know it's not close close, but I've only ever read good things about it and how helpful it is.

I'm not sure if you've already exhausted the NHS for CBT, private therapy's definitely an option so long as it's through a therapist accredited with the BABCP (not the bacp), but it is expensive. I have gone down that route in the past and it's certainly helped me, but I wouldn't say from reading other people's experiences via the NHS that it was far better - all I was really paying for was speed of access.

You've taken an important step posting here....you can beat this, it takes a bit of time, but life really can get better.

11 hours ago, Nats said:

Hi,

Feeling really down at the moment, I feel like my OCD is getting worst and I have no-one to talk to who actually understands what it's like to live with! I really dont want to go to a support group or see a therapist, but I know I need to, so going to try my best and go. Can anyone recommend any in the Hertfordshire area?,

Thanks 

Why not try self-help, backed up by help from the forums? 

There is a Workbook for OCD available from the shop on the main OCD-UK website. Workbooks provide necessary CBT theory plus guidance in how to practice.