Any advice

Hi today I took a massive step about 7pm I havent done any rituals or checking with my groinal responses. Am in bed now and that's all I can think about and guilt is terrible, any advice on how to stop rumination when I to bed? Music I've tried but that keeps me up or wakes me in a few hours and am not a reader. Anything else?

Well it is going to be a challenge in bed and with not much distraction. 

Why are you not a reader?  There are many forms of reading that are peaceful and calming and I find it the perfect way to relax for sleep. 

And if you are in the UK tune into smooth classics on Classic fm which runs from 22.00 hrs to 01.00 hrs. It is incredibly relaxing. 

How about audio books? I think there's a setting that it turns itself off after so long.

or mindfulness? Being in the moment and thinking about sounds, smells etc that are there while you're drifting off to sleep?

There's also a breathing technique you can try.. if you google it you'll be able to find it! It didn't work for me but again it's about being in the moment and you might find it helps you :) 

Something I do is make up stories in my head about nice things or people I like :) while I'm imagining I tend to drift off :tongue: 

13 minutes ago, alisando123 said:

There's also a breathing technique you can try.. if you google it you'll be able to find it! It didn't work for me but again it's about being in the moment and you might find it helps you :) 

Look up mindfulness breathing. 

14 minutes ago, alisando123 said:

Something I do is make up stories in my head about nice things or people I like :) while I'm imagining I tend to drift off :tongue: 

This is creative visualisation. You can download 10 minute guided visualisations from clinical psychologist Simonette Vaja to start you off on this. 

1 hour ago, taurean said:

Look up mindfulness breathing. 

This is creative visualisation. You can download 10 minute guided visualisations from clinical psychologist Simonette Vaja to start you off on this. 

Thanks taurean !! :) I didn't know the story thing had a name :tongue: