Need some advice and support please

Hey all, I have suffered from OCD since I was 15 and I'm now 37. It took a good chunk of my life before I fought back,  now I'm at university and have a placement for my dream career. My tablets went down and I should be happy? Right? Well we had to do 9 reports and lengthy ones with prototypes and it did stress me out but I got on with it, then my mum fell badly and is told she needs to go to a home and she refuses etc , she messaged me today and I just broke down in front of everyone, I get constant headaches and crying a lot. I feel I'm loosing my mind here, my OCD is coming out more and I have no one to talk with. I don't know what's happening to me as I was winning all this. 

Sorry to hear that you're in the trenches. 'Real life' problems and stresses can often exacerbate OCD. Perhaps though you can try to turn it around ... because you have real life challenges at the moment, tell OCD to get to .... and come back another time, when you have time on your hands. In other words, try to use your challeges as an impetus against the (inane) disorder. As you said, you've won before, you know what to do. All the best.  

Stress can definitely hurt when it comes to OCD! I have the same problem, but you can get back on track it's just getting through this tricky period I think! :) 

dont be too hard on yourself and do what's necessary to look after yourself in this time! (Without feeding the OCD any fuel!) avoid compulsions, try distract yourself with your work etc (I'm also at uni and find it helps - as long as you take plenty of breaks and give your brain chance to rest a bit!!) 

you always have us to talk to as well! We are all in the same boat ! 

Thank you for the replies everyone. I think it just came all at once. My venlafaxine cut in half and then all these reports at uni and lectures not replying to emails or helping much in class. Sitting at the computer trying to code with python and java script with raspberry pi and then coming home to do the same. Then my mum having all these problems, I'm not use to real life pressure as for 15 years I have into OCD and I never knew how to properly handle it and I hate myself for that

45 minutes ago, Marko2020 said:

Then my mum having all these problems, I'm not use to real life pressure as for 15 years I have into OCD and I never knew how to properly handle it and I hate myself for that

Marko, don't hate yourself for having OCD. None of us are to blame for that 

Mums often are reluctant to go in a home - certainly so within mine and my sister's families. 

My Mum tried to get me to promise that she would never go in a home - I could not make that promise. 

My mother-in-law was also a refusee but we didn't when necessary buy into the emotional blackmail. 

So stay strong. If she can't cope in her own home, even with visiting carers, and there is no alternative option e.g. with a brother or sister or partner, then she will need to go in a home.