Constant battle. Worry after worry.

I seem to be in a high state of worry at the moment in general about anything ( over responsibility scenarios ). At work perfect ting every last thing just in case. Conversation also. How do you know when enoughs enough in them instances were you are in control of the situation say at work ( that's enough checking to warrant a safe job )? Also I seem to have a huge asbestos related fear of late. I managed to convince myself there was non in the attic so I could get some suitcases out today BUT the loft was insulated a few years back and there was a bit of insulation as well as red bricks ( small pieces ) which had broke away from the loft on the suitcases. I'm upset because I saw it on there and let my partner carry it down the loft ladder consequently getting covered in it. I'm wondering why I let him do that. Bad person ? Also it made matters worse that he was freaking out about the dust and insulation in the loft saying we should clean the things up there then we don't trail it through the house. This set alarm bells off. Consequently I've been in bed worrying the house is contaminated and he's going to get cancer because I didn't tell him there was still bits on top after shaking them. 

Liberty you must be able to see what's going on. Your hyper-responsibility is in gear, again. You've been through this time and time again. When are you going to start recognizing when OCD strikes and start immediately doing what you need to get past it?

Hi Liberty

I'm so sorry you're worrying so much; it all sounds perfectly horrid! Obviously it sounds like the OCD is in play - I've had a bit of a slight relapse so I understand - and if I may, self-care is the key. Would you feel comfortable going to your GP? 

Regarding the problem itself, I find good old-fashioned distraction will help. Can you talk to your partner and explain you're very worried so that he can support you? It's Sunday night - are you able to cut yourself some slack and rest in front of the television? Just a thought.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best. :hug:

C x

Hi. I haven't had much luck with gp they are nice but don't really understand it all suprsisingly. I have had cbt (twice) I've been on meds 10 years. Really getting me down. It's been attacking my relationship a lot lately. So much so my partner said tonight he can't take much more of it which is awful as the one thing I would hate to loose my family and that's what my OCD likes attacking because of the fear. (I get that). I can't stop confessing anything to him I feel it's totally necessary and worry if I don't that I'm not giving him the knowledge to decide if he wants to be with me (OCD I know) can i shift it. No. I've even recently had thoughts about not been bothered about my life anymore ( I'm not suicidal ) but just feel sometimes I don't want this life. Other days I am great and see things clearer. 

You've got to stop confessing. It's a compulsion and only makes your situation worse. You have to look at this from your partner's standpoint... He doesn't want to hear this stuff anymore. He can see that all these worries are ridiculous.