Reading the news about rape

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I will just go full out and tell you the truth.

The holidays havent been kind to me, i normally exercise and activate myself a lot, but the holidays have been inside and inactive. stress buildup i guess and i will meet my psychiatrist in 2 days, which i dont see any point in any longer. Wake late and gone to bed very late and so on 

However, stopped some sounds last night. Woke up late and my mind was restless i guess, have been feeling very stressed last week, like i cant relax really. So did i just read the news on a forum about a rape case, people where arguing about what really is a rape, the definition of the law is very liberal in Sweden. So i startedbto relate, and now do i feel it all over again. 

I have a great want to take a benzo. Also wants to create a thread on this swedish forum once again about my story and get some objectivity on the matter, would be the second time but what does that matter? 

I also want to speak about it with my new friend, maybe i could get some insights there?

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Hi:)

The best advice I can give, is to try and nip this in the bud before it gets a chance to take root again. Easy to suggest I know, but the quicker you can chalk this up to the disorder and do the right thing for you and not it, the sooner the anxiety's going to fade.

Try with all your willpower to resist the urge to create a thread or talk to your friend about this, both are basically compulsions that might help for a short while, but before too long you're be back to square one again having fuelled the problem by buying into the disorder's games.

Anything that will help you refocus is the way forward. Maybe you could have a chat with your friend, but steer clear of mentioning anything to do with the headline and fears around rape?

Guest OCDhavenobrain
17 hours ago, Hal said:

Hi:)

The best advice I can give, is to try and nip this in the bud before it gets a chance to take root again. Easy to suggest I know, but the quicker you can chalk this up to the disorder and do the right thing for you and not it, the sooner the anxiety's going to fade.

Try with all your willpower to resist the urge to create a thread or talk to your friend about this, both are basically compulsions that might help for a short while, but before too long you're be back to square one again having fuelled the problem by buying into the disorder's games.

Anything that will help you refocus is the way forward. Maybe you could have a chat with your friend, but steer clear of mentioning anything to do with the headline and fears around rape?

Thank you.

I was doing strange yesterday, wasnt engaging in the tjoughts before bed but woke up with anxiety, it shall be worse in the mornk g the experts say. hehe

The thoughts are there in the baclground, it is not even in the bavkground it is more like Sauron pushes a big cloud upon me. 

well well 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

It was about being dedtroyed/traumatized/damaged by bullying before now it is about rape i guess there are a pattern. not tonsay rapes and bullying zoesnt destroy people for life it certainly do, it is just doing a googlesearch to confirm that. How many times haven't i read in the newspapers about how X was victim of y and now got there life destroyed.

The media is not Dr philish for sure..

Maybe it is thr truth to not be dr philish, whst if noo  sorry not me.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

I was doing strange yesterday, wasnt engaging in the tjoughts before bed but woke up with anxiety, it shall be worse in the mornk g the experts say. hehe

I've noticed the same.

Reading other people's experiences on the forum over the years, it seems to be quite a common thing for the anxiety to be worse in the morning - we're all different, what works for one, won't another, some will be able to eat anything they like and have no nasty comeback, but I've definitely noticed if I eat too much sugary stuff one day, the next day's not a good one anxiety-wise, Christmas was a nasty reminder of that:sad:

Hopefully getting back into a regular routine again after the Christmas break will help how you're feeling. I'm definitely guilty of not doing enough physical exercise at this time of year, when the weather's bleak I really struggle finding the motivation to go for a run or walk, I know I should do it though and it would help.

It was about being dedtroyed/traumatized/damaged by bullying before now it is about rape i guess there are a pattern.

That's a really important realisation there. 

For a long time when what I thought was a new thought would pop-up, scare and faze me, I'd take it as something new that really did require my attention this time, this was different - when I looked at the broader picture though, it clicked they all shared a common main theme/root.

Knowing and accepting that, makes it.....certainly nowhere easy, but easier not buying back into or engaging with the thoughts again as anything meaningful or important.

I don't know how the Swedish healthcare system works compared to the UK's National Health Service, do you feel your psychiatrist's providing you with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for help with the OCD, that's THE best treatment available to us to help overcome it? 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
2 hours ago, Hal said:

I've noticed the same.

Reading other people's experiences on the forum over the years, it seems to be quite a common thing for the anxiety to be worse in the morning - we're all different, what works for one, won't another, some will be able to eat anything they like and have no nasty comeback, but I've definitely noticed if I eat too much sugary stuff one day, the next day's not a good one anxiety-wise, Christmas was a nasty reminder of that:sad:

Hopefully getting back into a regular routine again after the Christmas break will help how you're feeling. I'm definitely guilty of not doing enough physical exercise at this time of year, when the weather's bleak I really struggle finding the motivation to go for a run or walk, I know I should do it though and it would help.

That's a really important realisation there. 

For a long time when what I thought was a new thought would pop-up, scare and faze me, I'd take it as something new that really did require my attention this time, this was different - when I looked at the broader picture though, it clicked they all shared a common main theme/root.

Knowing and accepting that, makes it.....certainly nowhere easy, but easier not buying back into or engaging with the thoughts again as anything meaningful or important.

I don't know how the Swedish healthcare system works compared to the UK's National Health Service, do you feel your psychiatrist's providing you with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for help with the OCD, that's THE best treatment available to us to help overcome it? 

Actually yes, i was offered this grouptheraphy where ERP is the method, went to the first meetings and didnt go through.

I just feel like all the information is out there on the web, i am about the best, the source, so didnt thought it was wortb my time..

Guest OCDhavenobrain

It is surely the wordt when you have waked up.

i have a medical prescription on antipsychotics low dose but still antipsychotifs, the side effects of such medication scares me a lot.

But if you feel like you can't trust your own memory wouldnt antipsychotics be good then?

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
21 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Actually yes, i was offered this grouptheraphy where ERP is the method, went to the first meetings and didnt go through.

I just feel like all the information is out there on the web, i am about the best, the source, so didnt thought it was wortb my time..

I sure wouldn't have felt comfortable in group therapy, it's got to be a very different experience to talking things through privately one-to-one with a therapist - even if two therapists are sitting in overseeing the group, they're obviously trying to help more than one person. It's going to be quite tricky in that kind of therapy context for them to help pinpoint some of the more subtle sticking points each individual might be struggling with, that could well be why they may have focused more on the exposure exercises than the cognitive side of therapy.

I guess it's offered (as it is here by the NHS), because it's cost effective, but if it wasn't a positive experience for you, please don't let it put you off trying to see someone one-to-one. As you say, the info's out there on the web, most of it's reliable and resources like those offered by OCD-UK are vital, but it could be worth finding a therapist at some point in the future….quite a few CBT therapists seem to be listed throughout Sweden.

3 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

i have a medical prescription on antipsychotics low dose but still antipsychotifs, the side effects of such medication scares me a lot.

I've been offered anti-psychotics too, after a lot of thought I didn't go down that road, that's just my personal choice though. They can have some side effects, I'm not sure there's a medication out there that doesn't, but some people here have had a positive experience with them - with any med it's difficult isn't it weighing up the pros and cons.

At the time I was offered them I'd already responded pretty badly to two SSRI's and I didn't feel I could risk it. If you don't feel comfortable taking them at the moment, could you maybe get a second opinion from another doctor or psychiatrist for their view? If you do decide to take them and had problems, would the prescriber be sympathetic and supportive? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OCDhavenobrain

So didnt do so much compulsions yesterday , no counting and no tics.

However i read the thread on the swedish forum about the rapecase. Had trouble sleeping tonight and wake up with it.

Would like some release

Maybe i should take some medications 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
2 hours ago, efes said:

Right now, I'm worrying about rape jokes and that "He's so promiscuous, he'd probably date a raccoon in a skirt" joke I love to make so much. 

I've been worrying about this kind of thing the past few days.

On 1/9/2017 at 22:02, OCDhavenobrain said:

Thank you.

The thoughts are there in the baclground, it is not even in the bavkground it is more like Sauron pushes a big cloud upon me. 

well well 

Yesterday, I wasn't thinking of my latest fear as much as I could have, but today, the worst of it came back.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Its crazy how certain events can impact ones life.

today feel better if lastndays have been badbad.

Need to keep the overall compulsions away, the idea is that my false memory ocd will go away if i stop.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
2 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

....today feel better if lastndays have been badbad.

Need to keep the overall compulsions away, the idea is that my false memory ocd will go away if i stop.

I'm glad today's a bit better. It sounds like you're doing well resisting performing some compulsions, would it be an idea to make a conscious decision not to check the Swedish forum for maybe a week or so, and keep building-on that? 

How's it going getting back into a regular routine? OCD loves nothing more than a void to fill, finding things to do and keeping busy's the way to go and would definitely help.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

the thing with the rapecase is that it is unclear if it was rape.

i did transcribe a video yesterday to look for clues

I feel like it will impact my own situation. Like if it turns out to be no rape will the chance of me being it decrease so if its only 0.001%

When i was ruminating about being destroyed by bullies did the therapist suggest me to stop reading about bullying @sounded so extreme to me then but i guess i need to do the same now.

Havent done  compulsions today with counting and tics. Or atleast decreased them by like 80%

I feel unreal right now. And i have this zoomed out feeling. It is strange My head hurts and i feel paranoid

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
16 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

i did transcribe a video yesterday to look for clues  I feel like it will impact my own situation. Like if it turns out to be no rape will the chance of me being it decrease so if its only 0.001%

You do realise and understand this was a compulsion?

18 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

When i was ruminating about being destroyed by bullies did the therapist suggest me to stop reading about bullying @sounded so extreme to me then but i guess i need to do the same now.

Indeed, I do struggle sometimes struggle to understand your posts, but I do generally get a sense that you need to understand OCD a little more in order to make more progress.  This is right, the more you read about your obsession and research it (compulsion) is going to not actually help, it's going to make the doubts and obsessions worse.

This is where a therapist can help, they can help us understand our OCD, and help us understand ways to get better and help us actually confront our OCD in the right way, not ways that will make OCD worse.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

First day this week i could function, the thoughts are honetly in the background right now, but they sure want to get out.

Keeping the tics very low and i am getting those bursts of embarrasing, i can shake in the body and say something out loud.

Also everynight have been nights full of crazy dreams.

I almost think that dreams is a sign of you cutting a compulsion out.

i keep it short because i always feel like i shouldn't be too cocky or the ocd will get at me in revenge. Jealous disorder lol

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation. Because of an article, I feel bad about liking anything vaguely Disney-related. (I'm not even an actual Disney fan, but I have some interests vaguely connected to Disney.)

10 hours ago, efes said:

bump

I will forgive that, but bumping is considered bad forum etiquette efes (I also deleted your external link which we don't allow). Can I ask you please don't bump threads.  You're also posting on someone else's topic, if you cant find the answer to your question on the thread then perhaps post a new topic being clear about what your OCD problem is, and what you need help with.

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I will forgive that, but bumping is considered bad forum etiquette efes (I also deleted your external link which we don't allow). Can I ask you please don't bump threads.  You're also posting on someone else's topic, if you cant find the answer to your question on the thread then perhaps post a new topic being clear about what your OCD problem is, and what you need help with.

Ashley what does bumping mean ? Or don't bump threads ? I was gonna reply to this thread then you said that and I don't know what it means can you  please let me know what it means so I know I won't do it because I don't get what it is! And would like to understand what it is

Many thanks 

Heidi 

It's where somebody simply types the word 'bump' to bring a thread to the top of the forum if they have not a reply.  The problem is, if we allow it then everybody will be posting 'bump' on half the threads :a1_cheesygrin:

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's where somebody simply types the word 'bump' to bring a thread to the top of the forum if they have not a reply.  The problem is, if we allow it then everybody will be posting 'bump' on half the threads :a1_cheesygrin:

I get it now :thankyousign: for letting me know Ashley :)