Success?

I'm noticing now that sometimes my brain will throw out a random thought and yet at the same time my brain seems to automatically ignore it.  Is this how 'normal' people think? Is this a treatment success?

For example I was getting dressed when I thought "don't wear that" for no reason - the clothes were very ordinary, I'd already planned to wear them etc. - and without pausing or thinking it through I automatically carried on getting dressed - I didn't feel like I made a conscious choice to ignore the thought, it just happened.  This moring I was listening to the news about gun control and I thought "give everyone guns". Normally this would disturb me because I think gun control is a good thing so I would then start examining all my political beliefs to try and work out what I really think, but this time I didn't bother. 

It feels very strange, like I'm not in conscious control of my thoughts, or even my body, but am I right in thinking this is how I should be behaving or am I being irresponsible? I feel like I'm being careless. 

Edited by Guest