V anxious about meeting

Hi,

I have had two good weeks at work but now feel like I have gone right back. I have a pupil who doesn't want to stay on next year. I contacted parents to arrange  a meeting and discuss next week. On the phone his dad said there is no way he is leaving school next year. I said we should have a meeting to discuss. The depute head and the boys guidance nice teacher say that he has reached his level and the school has little else on offer for him. On the phone I never really challenged his dad and but I did say the meeting would be with me. However the boys guidance teacher is going to come to the meeting too. I am worried that the parents will blame because I didn't contradict them on the phone and I am very anxious that they will think that this means their wishes are granted and they will be angry and co plain about me. Also they will feel ambushed because their sons guidance teacher will be at the meeting too. I honexstly feel like I have gone right back. Physical symptoms feel quite extreme again. I thought I had cracked it?

You really need to talk to a therapist about this fear of yours. I'm not sure if it is OCD or GAD or what but you go through awful times when it comes to your work. Perhaps performance anxiety? Talking it out might help you a lot.

Thanks for your insightful thoughts as always pb! 

I actually saw my therapist today and he feels that I see threat wherever I go and believes it is linked to being raped. He feels that is linked to my need to try and control everything, my intense fear of making mistakes etc. So along with CBT he is going to treat my PTSD too. I can't remember what this is called but it is something new called something like eye movement rapid or something and he said it works really well so I am very hopeful today!

Thanks again polar bear!?