Not having a good day today at all. My daughter was in the bedroom watching her 7 year old brother playing minecraft. Next thing she's in her room crying and sulking. I go up to ask her Wots wrong? her reply was nothing. I said it's written all over your face. I asked her loads of times she replied she had a bad thought i asked her to tell me what the thought was. She replied I can't tell as she didn't know how I would react if she told me. What do I do. Do I leave her alone? Thing is she will be on shut down all day now. 

im with you, the thing is i understand how she feels, i had this bad thought ocd my self years ago and you dont want to say the thoughts as they are horrid but she needs to know that she is not alone and that no matter what crazy thought her brain has come up with, its the fact that she is letting that thought take over in her mind and seeing it as one of her real  thoughts which it isnt. my daughter also has had this too, but once you get over the fact that your brain can literally come up with absolutely anything,  The problem with the ocd, it just plays round and round in a loop and makes you feel sick with anxiety..  I hope things been better today?  I think there is a book called 'imp of the mind' also read this

http://childmind.org/article/how-to-help-kids-worried-about-bad-thoughts/

the more that your daugher can learn about these thoughts the better - it does take time to adjust to these shocking thoughts and to learn not to analize them but there is hope xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Had a fairly good half term. Daughter needed a lot of down time this week but we managed a nice eve with our family friends last night and their kids which was lovely as we barely do that! Getting ready for school x

Hi mrs coco she's been having a lot of down days for the past 2 weeks. Because of these intrusive thoughts. Obsessions and doing rituals.  As she says there constantly in her head Been really difficult and emotional time.yesterday she seemed ok. Apart from her getting ready which is really hard work. As we decided to try and take Her and her brother to trampoline place. Took her an hour to get ready as she does rituals. So I'm constantly saying we need to go! We're gonna be late! We got there but I had to ask the receptionist could my daughter just look to see how many people were on first. I explained why to the receptionist. The session had already started. But there was only a few on. So she said they can go on now as there's not many on. As the next session she said would be busy. And my daughter didn't want to go on the next session. They was told to take ther coat off. My daughter got anxious. She didn't want to. She wouldn't tell me why. But the receptionist said it was ok for her to leave it on. But the main thing she enjoyed it. 

Edited by Mrs porter

Ah glad u got her out yesterday. Sounds so similar to my daughter in every way wow!! Daughter also.obsessed by appearance comes accross as very vain but it's because they obsessive! Daughter uses coat a comfort blanket too on.multi day at school she literally was in tears when teacher told her to take off....She says it's ok if she's in school uniform but not on mufti she felt exposed!! She's very skinny she constantly asking me if she fat!!! 

4 hours ago, mrscoco said:

Ah glad u got her out yesterday. Sounds so similar to my daughter in every way wow!! Daughter also.obsessed by appearance comes accross as very vain but it's because they obsessive! Daughter uses coat a comfort blanket too on.multi day at school she literally was in tears when teacher told her to take off....She says it's ok if she's in school uniform but not on mufti she felt exposed!! She's very skinny she constantly asking me if she fat!!! 

Mrs coco thing is she's taking that long as well as she's making herself not look nice so then she thinks no one will look at her then especially boys. This is why she won't go to school as she has the phobia of boys. She's got it in her head she has to have a boyfriend and I've told her you don't. Someone told her about a boy at school doing something rude and she didn't like what she heard. So now she associates all boys in that way so she avoids being anywhere where boys are. She thinks there disgusting and hates the language they come out with. Thing is she is a very pretty girl. And before this illness she always looked good her hair was immaculate. If there was a tiny piece of hair out of place she would re do it. Now she's not bothered. Girls were always jealous of her. Today she has just been accepted by a modelling agency as I sent pics in. She has always wanted to be a model. So I'm hoping this will get her confidence back and low self esteem ?

Edited by Mrs porter

yes its black and white thinking - my daughter does that - so for a while she has to wash her hair all the time and it has to be perfect and then it all becomes too much and she leaves it and lets it get dirty because its just so much hastle.  Thats the thing about these anxiety disorders they are so personalised to the individual but all kind of have the same 'feel' to them in what they demand - weirdly enough my daughter was a bit like this about boys over a year ago and she used to have this thing where she had to confess all these thoughts in a ritualistic way, but now she has now started liking them and i dont know what is worse, the thing i noticed is that it morphs and changes as they grow a bit older  - my daughter is coming up to 14 shortly.  Amazing news about the modelling!! wow - that sounds like me age 15 i was obsessed with being a model my daughter is very model like too and her friend took some amazing pics of her the other day as she is into photography, my daughter is just not confident - she has an amazing singing voice too but would no way let anyone hear her!! did you say your daughter is good at dance?

This was on the news the other day - very interesting to watch, i dont want to push you down the asd route but it does seem the answer for a lof of these anxiety/anorexia type disorders in girls - its the different thinking patterns 

https://www.channel4.com/news/girls-affected-by-autism

Aw really!! I just hope this boy thing eventually goes as this is one of the main problems. Aswell as not wanting to grow up. She keeps trying to make herself look 10. Like putting her hair in pig tails I keep saying you can't do that. And showing ne pics from last year asking does she look younger then or younger now. I can't get through to her at all with this growing up. Yeh she's an amazing dancer. She does tap. Ballet. And  street. When you watch her on stage it's like she's a different person. She's danced at a lot of places she's Full of confidence. Not even nervous. shes unreal. But when she doesn't dance she's very shy and quiet and nervous. Oh my! She might sing one day once she gets confident. Thanks il have a look 

Edited by Mrs porter
  • 2 months later...

hi just wondered how you are doing? im having a hellish time with my daughter right now as her ocd bad thoughts guilt and confessions have hit an all time high.

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry mrs coco not been on for a long time. My daughters ocd got really bad lastweek it was since watching the manchester concert on t.v it brought things to the surface. It scared her .  I really thought she would of ended up in hospital.  Her anxiety levels went through the roof extremely high. To the point where her eyes was just blank. coukdnt have a conversation with her at all. She would just stare at the wall. She was acting really odd as if someone had took over her it just wasn't my daughter at all. she couldn't focus. Or concentrate. I was worried sick I ended up taking her the doctors on Friday but they couldn't do anything as she's under  Camhs. On the Saturday I took her to emergency doctors as she was getting worse. As her intrusive thoughts were taking over her and the rituals. But the doctor wasn't concerned just said she was coming down with a virus. But I still wasn't reassured. It Didn't explain why she was so bad. So in the end my sister said that she would do reiki on her. So I took her on Saturday afternoon and she did reiki healing. Straight after it I could see an uplift in her mood.she smiled. And she actually hugged me for the first time in a year. It was unreal how this worked. The next day my daughter got up didn't spend as long in the bathroom as she usually does. We had lots of smiles. We took her to have reiki again. Saw more improvements straight away. I can't tell you the difference in her. She's like a new person all smiles and laughing. And it's all thanks to having reiki healing. I would recommend anyone having this done it's like a miracle. She has to get assessed also on Monday as my daughters care co ordinator thinks she may have autism x

Edited by Mrs porter