It was all going well...

I have have really good couple of weeks but now things feel as bad as ever.

I am a teacher and had a call on Tuesday at work from a mental health worker enquiring about a pupil of mine, who is being assessed,amongst other things autism. I know that mum is convinced he has a condition. I am now worried that on a subconscious level my answers suggested autism. I do not think he has autism incidentally. What makes it worse though is that the mental health worker asked me to send the pupil's child plan for more info. A child's plan is a document that is drawn up in response to concerning issues a out the child. What really worries me is that in the child plan I had mentioned that the pupil was going to have this assessment and was being tested for autism. I am extremely concerned that when the health worker reads this that she will think that iam sending her a subliminal. message that I believe he has autism and that she is going to diagnose him with autism based on this and the phone conversation. I have been looking at the child plan again and again and now at home I keep trying g to remember what exactly I said on the phone. I am really quite terrified actually and I know things are bad because I just caught myself in the mirror and I hate my image, I feel weak, pathetic and ugly.

Guest ashipinharbor
41 minutes ago, Cmck43 said:

I have have really good couple of weeks but now things feel as bad as ever.

I am a teacher and had a call on Tuesday at work from a mental health worker enquiring about a pupil of mine, who is being assessed,amongst other things autism. I know that mum is convinced he has a condition. I am now worried that on a subconscious level my answers suggested autism. I do not think he has autism incidentally. What makes it worse though is that the mental health worker asked me to send the pupil's child plan for more info. A child's plan is a document that is drawn up in response to concerning issues a out the child. What really worries me is that in the child plan I had mentioned that the pupil was going to have this assessment and was being tested for autism. I am extremely concerned that when the health worker reads this that she will think that iam sending her a subliminal. message that I believe he has autism and that she is going to diagnose him with autism based on this and the phone conversation. I have been looking at the child plan again and again and now at home I keep trying g to remember what exactly I said on the phone. I am really quite terrified actually and I know things are bad because I just caught myself in the mirror and I hate my image, I feel weak, pathetic and ugly.

If they test him, it'll either come out positive or negative. I mean, they'll kinda know.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being Autistic. I am, and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I love it :)

Edited by ashipinharbor
Guest ashipinharbor
7 minutes ago, Cmck43 said:

Really sorry,

I didn't mean to Imply anything negative about autism. My concern is that I have made a mistake. ?

It's okay! I was just trying to say that either way, it'll be okay.

This keeps happening to you. You need to start seeing OCD at play. You're getting anxious and you do compulsions, like going over the plan again and again. 

Drop it. Stop thinking about it. Stop looking at the plan. Go and do something else and dismiss any thoughts about this as irrelevant.

Thankyou Polar Bear. I have tried to follow your advice today and it has helped. I suppose I need to realise that recovery isn't a linear thing and that I will have lapses.

Thankyou again, I really appreciate your advice?

Hi Ashipinharbor my son is 4 and is autistic its nice to here from.a grown up that autism isnt all bad.all i seem to hear are negative,worrying things as you can image doesnt help my ocd x

Guest ashipinharbor
46 minutes ago, Pbrown said:

Hi Ashipinharbor my son is 4 and is autistic its nice to here from.a grown up that autism isnt all bad.all i seem to hear are negative,worrying things as you can image doesnt help my ocd x

To be fair, I have Aspergers, but its been okay. I did deal with bullying and ostracization growing up, but I have a loving family, and they helped.