My issues aren't leaving me

Hi guys, I haven't been on here in a while.  I had a baby and life has gotten busy but my contamination issue spikes from time to time and it really drags me and my family down.  I'm not responsible for just myself but also with children I don't have the time to try to 'fix' things and more random things just appear and make me unhappy, distressed, confused and exhausted.  Like looking after a family isn't enough tiring!  

I can't recall when I last posted here but my current OCD contamination issues are to do with sperm.  Any mark/stain which resembles anything like sperm, in my mind, is sperm and is contaminating me, my family and our belongings.  So over Christmas I did online shopping for my baby.  I did a superset white wash and dried these clothes on radiators around the house.  This was few weeks back but today I went to iron one of the leggings which is got online and there was a stain on the back.  The leggings are a light whitish grey colour and the stain is propbaly the size of a 5p coin and was a creamy/yellow tinge colour.  I spotted it in the sunlight as it was on the ironing board.  Ive panicked all day.  I've felt nasty.  I couldn't touch nothing else on the wardrobe as these legging were with other washed new clothes.  What am I meant to do??? Why does this happen??? I'd feel guilty putting these clothes on a baby but how did it get there?  

Also my fear is not of my husband's sperm, it's more if it's from outside.  I'm sorry to bombard myself here suddenly.  I've had a few big issues like this and really struggled but it's affecting my children and I didn't know what to do.  Thank you 

Edited by lonely mum
Spacing

What you do is use the leggings and get on with your life. 

You are hypersensitive to sperms so every time you see a mark your OCD screams, "That's sperm!" it's not. It's just OCD telling you it is. OCD lies, all the time. It never tells the truth. You need to realize that and not fall for ocd's games. 

You are doing a compulsion right now by avoiding the leggings. That's how you normally react to the thoughts about sperm. It's something that has to change because every time you do a compulsion you make the issue bigger than it is.

The legging were for my baby.  I had washed them with dettol wash and the mark was just made obvious because of sunlight.  I can't think of what else it would be that's not washing off?  They were brand new!  I fear I have contaminated my babies wardrobe because these legging were inside!

Lonely mum, there could be a hundred reasons why there is a mark on them. Sperm is the least likely. You can't think past sperm because you're OCD is fixated on it. 

You haven't contaminated anything. They were washed and that's that. They're as clean as anything else you have so let it go. 

22 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Lonely mum, there could be a hundred reasons why there is a mark on them. Sperm is the least likely. You can't think past sperm because you're OCD is fixated on it. 

You haven't contaminated anything. They were washed and that's that. They're as clean as anything else you have so let it go. 

Thanks Polarbear.  May be I'm loosing it more often at the moment because I'm stuck in the house.  I went out today and it helped to get away from it.  I also couldn't use our pram that's in the back of the car because the last time I used it over Christmas, my hubby had placed it on a bag of McDonald's that was left on the floor- it was in the car park, so it was flattened but there was white oozing out of the bag an I'm scared that the wheels have gotten contaminated.  He was trying to shut the pram so pretty much grated the wheels on this! Oh dear.  However, it helped I didn't need to get it out but we had some grocery in the back of the car with the pram and I am convinced that the bags would have touched the wheels and now they're in my home 

On 06/02/2017 at 03:22, PolarBear said:

So? It's pretty clear where the ooze came from. Use the pram like normal. Avoiding it is a compulsion and is only strengthening your obsessions.

I wonder what the ooze was??thinking it's something unpleasant