I maybe overstepping the mark i

I maybe overstepping the mark on this but it seems sometimes that maybe a few topics on the forums get closed too quickly when  people are just after some kind words. I understand if a user has posted something more than once it can be frustrating but I just think closing the thread before anyone has had a chance to reply is a bit hasty. If this happened to me I would find it quite upsetting especially if I was after some support and kindness. 

5 hours ago, kittypurry said:

it seems sometimes that maybe a few topics on the forums get closed too quickly

Jessie has done a good job of explaining and the user in question realises themselves I think from what I am reading.  

I don't think you're overstepping the mark by your post, it's a fair question to ask but when you consider we get hundreds of posts a day and I rarely close any (1 or 2 a week, if that) the percentage is like 0.02% or something I suspect, so I am not sure your post is painting an accurate picture of the true situation.  Remember, I don't just close threads for the sake of it, there's usually a good reason (sometimes the forum may not be aware of the reason) :)