Had enough!!!

I'm really struggling with my daughter as lastnight she was all giggly and seemed ok. This morning I shouted about 8 times that she needed to come down and be ready to take my son to school as we was leaving in 5 mins. Ended up were I had to see wot she was doing. She came down hadn't brushed her hair. Had one black frilly laced ankle sock on then one normal plain sock. I said your not going out like that. She replied I am. I shouted at her and said go and change them. She said no. Then I said we need to take your brother to school we had five mins to get there. So I said were not going food shopping then. That was it she sat on the floor sulking she wouldn't get up. At this point I was getting really frustrated. I grabbed her arm to get her up as she wouldn't move. Next thing. She gets up then starts crying all the way to school she had her hands covering her face. I was so embarrassed as people was looking at her. My son was late because of her. We came home and she's just sulking on the floor. What do I do ? I feel like walking out the door and not coming back. Ive had enough ?

As difficult as it is, I really think you need to try not to put so much pressure on yourself.  Im presuming your son is at school, but your daughter is on half term?  Ive been there myself, everything becomes so frustrating.  The important thing was getting your son to school.  Looking back on it, did it matter she had different socks on?  However it looked, it would have made your life much simpler if you had taken her out as she was.  If people had commented, may be she would think twice about it next time.  It may be of course that her OCD had caused her to wear different socks and in her mind she had a very good reason for it.

I know she is in therapy.  Do you think her therapist would sit down with you and discuss how she can get out of the house quicker in the morning?

A lot of us really know how you feel.  Next time, let her sulk, and sit down with coffee and a big bar of chocolate :)

I know what your saying. I know what people are like at school they stare at her. It makes her worse. Yeh I will discuss it in the morning with the therapist. I have a lot of questions I need answering. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. Il do that nxt time ?