Guilt guilt guilt

The last few weeks, specifically the last two, have been defining weeks for me. I am getting closer and closer each day to living how I did before ocd and anxiety ruined me :clapping: But now as recovery and changes come, I get so much guilt. I had the obsession that I was running out of time and something bad would happen so I'd just work all the time spending all my time working to assure nothing would happen and I'd finish. Now I am understanding that I don't have to do so much but I feel immense guilt. I am also trying to do some other onsessions/compulsions less but the feeling of not performing them is very uncomfortable and sometimes I want to perform all the compulsions just to relieve the uncomfortable feeling of ignoring them. If I am to do nothing or be really calm and patient with myself I feel that I am acting like a child or babying myself. I stand right between moving forward and going backwards, and it's hard to not take the wrong path 

Edited by TheAuthor
Guest ashipinharbor
12 hours ago, TheAuthor said:

It almost makes me feel that I am over compensating while I do the opposite of what the anxiety tells me 

But you're not! You should do what the anxiety says you shouldn't. Otherwise, it'll hold you hostage.

Good job on your progress!

9 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

But you're not! You should do what the anxiety says you shouldn't. Otherwise, it'll hold you hostage.

Good job on your progress!

Thank you, it just sometimes seems that the recovery is causing more obsessions