Do most forum users  with  compulsions that are typical to them ( for example  a  stereotype  example  would be  cleaning)  find they  do this  consistently  every  day.  Say if  someone has to spend aolot of time cleaning the kitchen stuff before  cooking before satisfied  and it takes a lot of time   would that it every  day or do  other  users  find there are days when they can do this a bit less or not at all      Or  for example  checking the  plugs  and  locks etc  when leaving the house 

I think it can vary. One of my compulsions is to plan, time and count exercise so I do 2.5 hours a week. I do that basically every week, but in December I had the flu and spent a whole week in bed and that was ok. Other things only occur when I'm triggered. About 6 months ago I was panicking I was going to run out of work and be fired. But then the job got really busy and so I haven't worried about that for months- but I know it could come back. Sometimes something triggers me into worrying I don't have OCD, but I can go months without this worry and then it comes back.

Guest ashipinharbor
3 hours ago, SILICONSAM said:

Do most forum users  with  compulsions that are typical to them ( for example  a  stereotype  example  would be  cleaning)  find they  do this  consistently  every  day.  Say if  someone has to spend aolot of time cleaning the kitchen stuff before  cooking before satisfied  and it takes a lot of time   would that it every  day or do  other  users  find there are days when they can do this a bit less or not at all      Or  for example  checking the  plugs  and  locks etc  when leaving the house 

I have some compulsions that I don't end up doing every day.

I also think it can vary. There are some things I always do, like taking a certain number of steps to leave the house. There are some things I only do on certain days, like various work related compulsions as I only work Monday to Friday, and there are some things that increase more when I feel more stressed, like checking things. For me I think it depends how 'fixed' the habit is. Whether that's the 'correct' (in the sense of OCD) way to do something, or whether it's reactionary to an event or worry.