Looking for an answer I won't find

One thing I'm constantly doing is researching OCD and other websites , probably looking for help . I think this is turning into a compulsion so I don't know what to do . It's helpful to know I'm not alone in this illness ?. I'm sure I know what I need to do to get well but I think I'm seeking reassurance . I also feel I'm obsessed with the OCD if that's makes sense , I can't think of anything else but having a OCD.x

Edited by Amc
More info
Guest ashipinharbor
6 hours ago, Amc said:

One thing I'm constantly doing is researching OCD and other websites , probably looking for help . I think this is turning into a compulsion so I don't know what to do . It's helpful to know I'm not alone in this illness ?. I'm sure I know what I need to do to get well but I think I'm seeking reassurance . I also feel I'm obsessed with the OCD if that's makes sense , I can't think of anything else but having a OCD.x

Makes sense. You want to recover from OCD, so you're reading all you can about it. Though, I can see how that could become reassurance seeking/a compulsion.

I don't have a lot of advice, other than to maybe limit the time you spend researching?

Amc the compulsion to ruminate and seek reassurance is overwhelming you. 

Scroll down and read my thread below on help to stop ruminating, and this will give you some ideas to help you give it up gradually.