OCD And Tourette's

Guest ashipinharbor

I've read that tic disorders are common in those with OCD, particularly 'just right' OCD, which I have. But it's different from Tourette's. I don't know a lot about Tourette's but I did research it a while ago and I definitely don't have it.

I'm guilty of wanting to stay ill, so I partly understand what ship means when she says she doesn't want to lose her BPD. But in my case it's part of my BPD, as my brain tells me I'll only get attention if I'm ill. I wish I didn't think like that and I'm fighting against it.

Identity issues are part of the BPD symptoms. It's actually one symptom I don't have, but I know it's common in those with BPD. But if your BPD is cured, then you wouldn't have that need for an illness as an identity, perhaps. In my case, people ask me if I want to get better. I say 'no, but I want to want to get better'.

As for self-diagnosing, I can see both sides. I was convinced I had BPD a year ago but the Doctor kept telling me I was wrong. Eventually I gave up and thought my OCD had tricked me into thinking I have BPD. Then my therapist diagnosed me with BPD a few months ago. So I was right all along. But that doesn't always mean everyone who self-diagnoses is correct. It's better to get a professional diagnosis if at all possible, but it's not always possible.

7 minutes ago, Jessie_Loz said:

Hey kaheath 

My problem here is that ship has self diagnosed with OCD and BPD . I've seen her say in threads before she thinks she had it. Also she only posted the other day that she doesn't have OCD she's realised it's GAD. Ship has taken it as an attack when we only want to help her... my point is if she's unsure she has OCD and it's GAD then she may be wrong with the other disorders she has mentioned and it really is best to seek professional help. Even if it's to get a diagnosis for one then she can link the other if u know what I mean?

Ship is a lovely person and we don't want to upset her in anyway we want to help her but that sort of back fired..

Thanks for your post it's good to see both sides

X

Yep I totally agree and I tried to make my post take both sides, sorry if I failed.

With BPD it's common to get easily offended by people trying to help, by the way. And no that doesn't mean she has it but I do see a lot of BPD symptoms. But yes she'll only know properly if she gets a diagnosis.

x

We see abandonment in basically everything. So if someone says something we often take it the wrong way or if someone takes ages to reply we think they don't care. This issue is worst in me with my friends. On here, I try to rationally think that if I'm not getting replies it doesn't mean people are upset with me or hate me or don't believe me, but it's not always easy.

5 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

Yeah? Do they happen without you thinking about them?

Oh I meant to say- yes they do. It could be you have a tic disorder. Pretty sure I have one, but I'm not sure if it's something that gets diagnosed. 

That was supposed to be maladies, not malaise. Darn auto correct.

I'll be honest. I find it difficult to believe that someone has that many disorders going on at the same time. It is also suspect that ship stated she was recently diagnosed with Tourettes but then said a while later that she was diagnosed as a kid.

Something is going on and it is nothing positive. I strongly recommend working with a psychiatrist to figure out exactly what is happening.

Guest ashipinharbor
29 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I'll be honest. I find it difficult to believe that someone has that many disorders going on at the same time. It is also suspect that ship stated she was recently diagnosed with Tourettes but then said a while later that she was diagnosed as a kid.

Something is going on and it is nothing positive. I strongly recommend working with a psychiatrist to figure out exactly what is happening.

Why you feel the need to add your two cents is beyond me. You do not know my brain.

I no longer feel welcome, here. I've had people judge, ignore, push, all in the name of "recovery".

I'm done. I refuse to put myself through any more. I deserve better than this.

If you don't believe me, I don't care. 

This site really has let me down. I came here for help, and there has been more hurt than healing, especially of late.

I hope you learn patience and tolerance in the future. If you wish to help, you must.

Guest ashipinharbor
2 hours ago, PolarBear said:

That was supposed to be maladies, not malaise. Darn auto correct.

I know I said I was done, but I want an answer. Why did you feel it necessary to add this in? Why did you feel it appropriate to make such a condescending claim?

Seriously, why?

You don't know me, and you have no right to say something like that.

You're an arrogant, intolerant, sad little man, and I have no respect for you.

Guest ashipinharbor

P.S: Alissando, JimAngie, Taurean, KaHeath, and Jack Russel are the only ones here I'll leave missing.

The others need to take a look at themselves, and learn a little tolerance and respect.

And also stop assuming they know everything about everything.

I am a Borderline, just as much as an OCD sufferer. I also have Tourettes, Autism, and ADD. And I could care less if you believe me.

Doesn't make it any less true.

Now I'm done.

Edited by ashipinharbor
Guest ashipinharbor
6 hours ago, Jessie_Loz said:

Wonderer has an autistic son so if I was u id happy she gave u some advice about that. 

And I don't need advice on Autism, when I'm Autistic????

Also, assuming I suffer since I'm Autistic just reeks of Allistic/NT privilege, so that's nice to hear....

Aside from my OCD, I love my conditions. Don't assume I suffer, because it makes you uncomfortable to hear somebody turning them into positives.

Edited by ashipinharbor
1 hour ago, ashipinharbor said:

I know I said I was done, but I want an answer. Why did you feel it necessary to add this in? Why did you feel it appropriate to make such a condescending claim?

Seriously, why?

You don't know me, and you have no right to say something like that.

You have something going on. Perhaps it's BPD. I don't know. You have a short fuse. You take advice as a threat. You change your mind hourly. You resort to name calling when you get mad. You're leaving, you're staying, you're leaving again. You post incessantly. 

I don't know what's wrong but the evidence of something is right out in the open. I do hope you go see a psychiatrist and get it sorted out.

Guest ashipinharbor
51 minutes ago, Jessie_Loz said:

Don't assume u know anything about me ship. I'm not uncomfortable with ANYTHING u have mentioned. U have attacked 3 people who have tried to help u  so I hope ur proud of ur self because u have lost my friendship...

U have been very harsh towards polar bear, me and Wonderer u really need to stop posting if ur going to attack constantly...

Jess

Xx

You all are the ones who derailed the conversation, gaslighted ne, and made me out to be unreasonable. You guys started all of this. I just wanted a simple andwer, and you all turned it into me being crazy.

How do you not see how dehumamizing that is?

And I am proud of myself, for remebering how much I'm worth, and refusing to be treated like this any longer.

I'm done here. So, you ending the "friendship" doesn't matter.

Edited by ashipinharbor

5 minutes ago, ashipinharbor said:

You guys started all of this. I just wanted a simple andwer, and you all turned it into me being crazy.

This is really getting out of hand. :-( Ship – google "OCD and tourettes" – you'll find a wealth of information – we are not "simple answer" machines!

6 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

utistic just reeks of Allistic/NT privilege, so that's nice to hear

Not really actually, I'm in the process of being assessed for Aspergers myself, I've also worked with loads of autistic people and I haven't met one who doesn't have a difficulty in some aspect of their lives due to the condition. That's not to say that being autistic is in anyway less than anyone else, in fact the strength shown by some autistic people I know would put a lot of neurotypical people to Shame! Simply pointing out that u may have a difficulty with ur therapy because u have autism, to me, was not insinuating that ur autism makes u miserable.

7 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

Which is sad, because he's been trying to help you ever since you joined out forums.  

I removed you from the forums before, you begged me to be allowed back promising you would change and I am all for change so I relented, but nothings changed.   You may want to keep your mental health conditions, which seems strange, but that is your prerogative, but if it's causing this amount of disruptive behaviour and arguments all the time outside of this forum too you may want to rethink that.

• Ashley locked this topic