Mattress contamination

Hi

My OCD is based around contamination from body fluids, given the title of this thread, you may be able to see where I'm going with this post...

I don't mind admitting that I'm not an innocent guy, and whilst I change my bedding after sex (maybe the next day) I worry about what have could have got through the sheet onto the mattress. I put clean bedding on, but am concerned about something coming through the sheet from the mattress, particularly if I sweat etc. 

On one hand I wonder of this is OCD, but then there is the fact the "stuff" would genuinely got onto the mattress. 

Neil

Hi, thanks for your reply

I think some people may have a mattress protector or the like over the main mattress, but then some may not?

Part of my problem with these more tangible incidents is drawing a line between where "normal" cleanliness and OCD. I know there are tell tale signs of OCD (ruminating, spending excess time on it, other excessive aspects), but I can't think that anyone would want to spend the night sleeping with "that" on the mattress beneath them. On one hand I think OCD, on the other there is a tangible/physical issue. 

Thanks again, Neil

Edited by nrh12

Absolutely OCD (remember, if it's not one thing - it'll be another)

Edit - above looks like reassurance - note - I could be wrong - and your 'extra caution' might be totally reasonable. :wink:

Edited by paradoxer