Can you get STIs from bedsheets?

So I was staying over at my boyfriends and he told me that his housemate's friend had slept in the bed earlier that day. I'm panicking now that he was naked and might have got fluids on the sheets that we then did stuff on.

Could someone reassure me?

Hi Rach,

I know you're going to hate me for this, but I don't think we should be reassuring you. It would be really easy of us to reassure you, and try and help you feel better in this moment but I am not sure that will help you cope better with OCD doubts long-term.

But let's break your post down a little.

9 minutes ago, rachlikescake said:

his housemate's friend had slept in the bed earlier that day. I'm panicking now that he was naked

This is an assumption and not based in fact, with no reason to believe he was naked.  OCD craves facts, which is why your OCD's gone straight for the fact you're not sure if he was naked or not.

11 minutes ago, rachlikescake said:

might have got fluids on the sheets that we then did stuff on

Again this is assumption and not based in fact.  So you're OCD is now playing two doubts, doubt 1 he was naked and doubt 2 even if he was naked, he might have got fluids on the sheets.  

For me observing other people's reactions to certain OCD triggers really helped me cope better. So the fact is people sleep in other peoples beds all the time, less than hygienic hotels, friend houses etc, etc.  Also your bf was happy to sleep in the same bed and is not worried about is housemate.  You may not be in a stage with your OCD right now to be able to accept the fact others are ok in the same scenario, but it helped me towards the end of fighting my OCD. 

Can you get STI's from bedsheets, perhaps, but unlikely and multiple factors would have to collide to create that worst case scenario.