POCD Theme very worried nieghbours seem out to get me

Guest David green

Guest David green

Panicking in my flat when all the kids were coming home from school i could also here them talking about me which made me worse.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be straight up with you, David. I highly doubt kids coming home from school are talking about you. I doubt your neighbors are either. Your mind is playing tricks on you. People are going on with their lives with little concern about you or your thoughts. Unless you've been shouting from the rooftop that you think you're a pedophile, no one knows about your thoughts or what you're going through.

You need help and you need to demand it from the mental health team or whatever you call it there. This may all stem from OCD but you've got a good deal of paranoia taking place. Maybe that will go away when your OCD is dealt with professionally and properly. Have you told the people you talk to that you think everyone around you is talking about you?

Guest David green
31 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I have to be straight up with you, David. I highly doubt kids coming home from school are talking about you. I doubt your neighbors are either. Your mind is playing tricks on you. People are going on with their lives with little concern about you or your thoughts. Unless you've been shouting from the rooftop that you think you're a pedophile, no one knows about your thoughts or what you're going through.

You need help and you need to demand it from the mental health team or whatever you call it there. This may all stem from OCD but you've got a good deal of paranoia taking place. Maybe that will go away when your OCD is dealt with professionally and properly. Have you told the people you talk to that you think everyone around you is talking about you?

I have told them about the neaghbours talking about me but not everybody talking about me.Its hard to talk about things to the home treatment team its someone different most of the time and i have to start all over again even though they call themselves a team.

Edited by David green

David, something else you can do to help yourself is to find things to keep you occupied. What do you do all day stuck at home?

Sitting around with nothing to do but think isn't healthy. Sitting around watching the world through the window and listening out for who's around gives your brain too much opportunity to imagine things that aren't real. 

What hobbies have you got? What sort of activities interest you? 

Guest David green
14 hours ago, snowbear said:

David, something else you can do to help yourself is to find things to keep you occupied. What do you do all day stuck at home?

Sitting around with nothing to do but think isn't healthy. Sitting around watching the world through the window and listening out for who's around gives your brain too much opportunity to imagine things that aren't real. 

What hobbies have you got? What sort of activities interest you? 

I was into gaming consoles before all this happened i was jailbreaking playstation 3 consoles but hated the selling part i have about 13 playstations that have been jailbroken by me.I did try getting into it again a while back but was totally confused with what i was doing when i was changing a laser in a blu ray drive.

Guest David green

I cant understand why i am the way i am i left my mothers thinking i was ok then i feel in a mess on the way home.People were looking at me two people even stopped and starred it was so embarrassing i dont know how i can go on in life like this.

24 minutes ago, David green said:

I cant understand why i am the way i am i left my mothers thinking i was ok then i feel in a mess on the way home.People were looking at me two people even stopped and starred it was so embarrassing i dont know how i can go on in life like this.

David u can go on in life, just like all us sufferers do, u can get better and I'm glad ur getting more help now as well, remember nothing is permanent, u will look back on this period of ur life in the future and see how far u have come! U can do this xxx

Guest David green
32 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

David u can go on in life, just like all us sufferers do, u can get better and I'm glad ur getting more help now as well, remember nothing is permanent, u will look back on this period of ur life in the future and see how far u have come! U can do this xxx

Thanks i said the same thing to an ex girlfriend going through a crisis x 

i dont know what she would think of me if she really knew and since it all started i havent said anything as it was on facebook and texts.

Guest David green

home treatment team wont tell me how long there seeing me i keep asking but they say they will just let me know.Its not nice saying the things i have problems with to different people.

Edited by David green

I feel David that if you are thinking about taking your life which is something a lot of us with OCD long-term have thought about - you need to go to A+E or phone the Samaritans. I am not being mean or dismissive but you have had a lot of support and advice recently and personally I think if you feel that bad it is beyond forum users to help and unfair for other people going through similar emotions/thoughts and feelings. Best wishes, Phil.

Hi David.  I would agree that phoning the Samaritans would be a good idea. I have done so in the past. I think that I had similar experiences to you quite a long time ago and I think that I understand your panic and concern. As I said in a previous post, I am covered by the same mental health body as you - SLAM. It covers four local authority areas. Two of these areas are covered by Lambeth and Southwark Mind. Google the site. If you ring their Info line and talk about your experiences they may be able to refer you to a therapist and group of people who have similar experiences. They can act as an additional support group. They are partially financially supported by SLAM.

If you are not in these two areas they can refer you to other groups. They can also refer you to advice agencies who can advise you on matters such as housing and welfare payments. You mentioned your concern about housing and welfare payments in previous posts. You can obviously discuss my ideas with your CMHT team or home support team. You mention in another thread about concentration and yes stress does reduce concentration. Just do a little at a time. Things do get better!

Guest David green
15 hours ago, Angst said:

Hi David.  I would agree that phoning the Samaritans would be a good idea. I have done so in the past. I think that I had similar experiences to you quite a long time ago and I think that I understand your panic and concern. As I said in a previous post, I am covered by the same mental health body as you - SLAM. It covers four local authority areas. Two of these areas are covered by Lambeth and Southwark Mind. Google the site. If you ring their Info line and talk about your experiences they may be able to refer you to a therapist and group of people who have similar experiences. They can act as an additional support group. They are partially financially supported by SLAM.

If you are not in these two areas they can refer you to other groups. They can also refer you to advice agencies who can advise you on matters such as housing and welfare payments. You mentioned your concern about housing and welfare payments in previous posts. You can obviously discuss my ideas with your CMHT team or home support team. You mention in another thread about concentration and yes stress does reduce concentration. Just do a little at a time. Things do get better!

I am in southwark i will talk to the home treatment team and cmht about this thanks Angst

Guest David green

Home treatment team told me the person im seeing at the cmht when they discharge me is my care coordinator i emailed cmht they said they can only see me up to 12 weeks max.Home treatment are discharging me to cmht tomorrow.

Edited by David green
Guest David green

home treatment team discharging me tomorrow to cmht i cant get myself to go because its the school holidays.Its really stressing me out

Edited by David green

David u CAN go, feeling scared isn't pleasant but u must remind yourself that it is just a feeling, as uncomfortable as it is, the more u do what ur afraid of the easier things become! Feel the fear and do it anyway should be our motto for OCD! Xx

Guest David green
32 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

David u CAN go, feeling scared isn't pleasant but u must remind yourself that it is just a feeling, as uncomfortable as it is, the more u do what ur afraid of the easier things become! Feel the fear and do it anyway should be our motto for OCD! Xx

Thanks so scared just had a phenergan

Guest David green
47 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

What do u use phenergan for? I thought it was for travel sickness? 

Its anti anxiety too

Oh right I wasn't aware of that. We all need some extra help with our anxiety from time to time, but honestly, I know it sounds like i'm trivialising it, I most definitely am not because I have been to the brink of despair with it but it is helpful to remind ourselves that anxiety cannot harm us, it will go down on its own as we sit with it and we should not allow it to stop is doing what we have to do to get better! Xx

Guest David green

I did make it it was very hard cmht doing all the talking really my concentration is real bad i just said to cmht i dont even want to do my dinner im finding it hard to cope i feel like i need hospital.They said they dont want to put me in hospital