POCD Theme very worried nieghbours seem out to get me

Guest David green

Guest David green

Ive been worrying way to much say for the last three weeks plus im having bad nightmares and i usualy shout in my nightmares.

I think since monday neighbours below me keep on talking about me and going over and over about my nightmares.When i got to sleep i can still here them talking even up to 3am one morning calling me names saying im scared & also talking about my mother.

Lastnight i heard them saying i would get knocked of my bike and killed i switched off my tv lastnight and could here them checking & saying if i had gone out.then i thought i would sleep in my living room instead so tried sleeping and they stayed below me in the same room talking.So i ended up going back to my bedroom then i could here them wispering below me.

I dont know who to talk to i do feel in danger i havent left my flat for days

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David green

No its good insulation its been happening since monday i usualy dont notice them but now with the tv on i can here them.Its like there waiting for me to leave my flat there calling me a peadophile and allsorts.Only way to block them out is use my wireless headphones or listen to the radio.

I think i had some kinda nightmare then i woke up and could here them wispering below my bedroom.

It feels like its all happening to me at the moment

Hi David,

Feelings of paranoia can be very frightening. You sound like you might need a bit of extra support just now. Have you contacted anyone on your mental health team to explain what it's been like for you the past 2 days?  

Is it possible these are not neighbours but voices in your head and you are projecting your own (possibly OCD) fears through these voices?  I don't know if that is the case, I am just thinking out loud really.  I would encourage you to speak to a GP about getting you access to a mental health professional who can help you understand what is going on.

Guest David green
14 minutes ago, snowbear said:

Hi David,

Feelings of paranoia can be very frightening. You sound like you might need a bit of extra support just now. Have you contacted anyone on your mental health team to explain what it's been like for you the past 2 days?  

Ive been in contact with the mental health team see i got a health assesment its been worrying me for over three weeks.Things have been escalating then and from monday onwards neighbours below dont seem happy as ive been getting bad nightmares i put that down to worry about the health assesment.Ive been onto my dr's surgery since i got the letter for the health assesment its been a nightmare i did finally get a letter from my dr's.

Just very stressed and worried

Im waiting on a call from my dr's and a guy who used to see me in the mental heath team.

Guest David green
20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Is it possible these are not neighbours but voices in your head and you are projecting your own (possibly OCD) fears through these voices?  I don't know if that is the case, I am just thinking out loud really.  I would encourage you to speak to a GP about getting you access to a mental health professional who can help you understand what is going on.

Yes i need to do that im just so worried i hope to get help soom.

1 minute ago, David green said:

Im waiting on a call from my dr's and a guy who used to see me in the mental heath team.

Ok, that's good. When they call you just explain to them what you've told us here and hopefully they will help you sort things from there. 

While you're waiting for the call, try to relax and take your mind off things rather than going over it all again in your head. Listening to relaxing music can help. :) 

Guest David green
33 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It seemed to real ashley i just switched off the tv to try and go asleep and i could here the neighbours below saying get him off that bike and they would kill him.

Guest David green
10 minutes ago, snowbear said:

Ok, that's good. When they call you just explain to them what you've told us here and hopefully they will help you sort things from there. 

While you're waiting for the call, try to relax and take your mind off things rather than going over it all again in your head. Listening to relaxing music can help. :) 

Im trying distraction thanks listening to CHILL radio station

Guest David green
1 hour ago, snowbear said:

I just spoke to a dr told her all about it what there saying the dr did say have i heard voices before i had to say yes because i have.But this does sound real im just waiting on a call back she did say she will contact the CMHT.

Guest David green
6 hours ago, Ashley said:

I got a quick call from a cpn he said he dont beleave my neighbours are talking about me and he said he would call me again tuesday.He did say i could go down to see him but i just couldnt do it.He reacons its all the stress im under but i really can hear the neighbours.

Edited by David green
Guest David green

I managed to just pop out to my mothers yesterday i got back felt more positive about things then i went to bed at 11pm with my pocket radio ready to block out my neighbors. I must of been tossing and turning hearing the neighbors talking in the end at 430am i had enough so stayed in my living room listening to my radio.i could still here them talking below me.

Seems they just wont stop something needs to be done about it but who do i turn to.Im trying to get in touch with the mental health now as i will be putting up with this all over the weekend.

Im trying to get in touch with the mental health now as i will be putting up with this all over the weekend.

That sounds like a good plan:) rather than having to wait until next Tuesday to hear from your CPN again. I just wonder if they can't come out to you though, could maybe a friend or family member give you a lift and some support getting down there to see him?

Guest David green

i just spoke to the cpn on the phone telling him what the neighbors are saying he said theres probably nothing i can do about it as there only talking.

Hes told me to increase my sulpride medication from 200mg a day to 400mg.

this is all so bad concerning the neighbor its what there saying thats making me feel horrible.

I'm glad he's being supportive, hopefully the increase will help....I wonder if it would also help to maybe do what you did yesterday and pay your mum a visit.

Even just short walk around the block could help with feeling more relaxed and give you something to focus on? Just an idea.

Guest David green

Think ill see if i can stay round my mothers the weekend i dont know how im going to put up with this.I only feel safe on my push bike but after the way the neighbors are carrying on i dont feel safe going out.Thanks for the advice though

What a nightmare god knows what there saying to the rest of the nieghbors

1 hour ago, David green said:

Just popped out on my bike didnt feel good at all i feel hypersensetive

I should think it'll take some time for the extra dose of medication to kick-in, did your CPN give you any idea what to expect when upping it?

Somehow, and I appreciate it's difficult, but finding things to distract yourself and focus on will help you through this until you begin feeling the benefits of the meds.......is there anything worth watching on TV or something to listen to on the radio? 

Guest David green

The cpn said expect side effects i just said ill try it

Ive been worrying so much for 3 weeks now im hearing the neighbours all the time.

Im listening to my radio now i just cant beleave its all happening to me

Thanks i need distractions im trying my concentration isnt to good

Guest David green

When im in my living room i can here them talking about me and the same when im in my bedroom.

Its making me feel like a like a bad person

Is there anyone else that could maybe stay at yours and see if they can hear the neighbours as well? This would help the paranoia you have and would prove one way or another. 

I shouldn't be suggesting this though as it's really a no, no for OCD but if it helps this once, I don't see the harm and it would clear things up. 

Guest David green

They really are messing with my head but after a few lagers like my dr's kinda suggested.what do they have?

Nothing

I still have my headphones on blocking em out then its my pocket radio on all night thats what there like they keep at it i was up at 430am today.Ill get this sussed soon hopefully as they have nothing at the end of the day but! its making my condition worse so it kinda looks like they have something.

earlier today the panic i was in i cant explain i lost touch of reality and it was really scary down to these below me.

Thanks Marko2020 ill have to see how tomorrow goes im kinda thinking at the moment accept whats going on and see where it goes.

Sorry for the late reply David.... 

ill have to see how tomorrow goes im kinda thinking at the moment accept whats going on and see where it goes.

........That's all you can do, take each day as it comes. 

Can I ask one thing, if you do feel worse will you have another word with your CPN? He's there to help you through this, as we are, but he obviously knows much more about your medication and be best placed to know if they're helping.

Fingers and everything else crossed Friday's a better day for you.

Guest David green

Thanks hal

I had enough last night and maybe said a few things to nieghbors ive just called the police there coming at 8am.

I tried getting hold of the cpn yesterday i phoned reception they said he wasnt in the building then i asked if i can speak to someone else and they said they dont do that kinda service.I did talk to a gp though im all nerves at the moment.