POCD Theme very worried nieghbours seem out to get me

Guest David green

I am a new member of this site. I too have SLAM as my local mental health trust. I would like to say that I learnt a lot from your posts on how to get treatment if a major crisis occurs. You have been proactive and I think a nurse gave you very valuable advice. Glad that you are more relaxed. 

Edited by Angst
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David green
18 hours ago, Wonderer said:

That's good David! I'm glad ur having an easier time today xx

Thanks today silly ocd dream i still got the sweats i was up around 8am i went to sleep early with ear buds in my ears.At around 9 am i went back to sleep in my mums bed still had ear buds in ears i could hear neagbours next door i got up just after 11am.It seemed very hard getting back to my place when i left i just wanted to keep my head down im kinda hypersensitive.It feels like everybody thinks im a bad person im thinking its because what im saying in my sleep.

Guest David green
18 hours ago, Angst said:

I am a new member of this site. I too have SLAM as my local mental health trust. I would like to say that I learnt a lot from your posts on how to get treatment if a major crisis occurs. You have been proactive and I think a nurse gave you very valuable advice. Glad that you are more relaxed. 

I was calling the mental health and dr's so many times it just got to much the duty cpn kept saying call the ambulance i said if they cant do anything for me how am i going to get back from the hospital but the cpn just kept saying call an ambulance it was like listening to a scratched record.I felt such a horrible person when i was at the hospital which im not but people think the worst.

1 hour ago, David green said:

Thanks today silly ocd dream i still got the sweats i was up around 8am i went to sleep early with ear buds in my ears.At around 9 am i went back to sleep in my mums bed still had ear buds in ears i could hear neagbours next door i got up just after 11am.It seemed very hard getting back to my place when i left i just wanted to keep my head down im kinda hypersensitive.It feels like everybody thinks im a bad person im thinking its because what im saying in my sleep.

Ah David, I have awful OCD dreams too, we have to choose to leave them be and not ruminate on them, they mean nothing!  You know ur not a bad person David, ur just not too well at the minute xx

Guest David green
1 hour ago, Wonderer said:

Ah David, I have awful OCD dreams too, we have to choose to leave them be and not ruminate on them, they mean nothing!  You know ur not a bad person David, ur just not too well at the minute xx

Yeah i keep telling myself ive been through worse and been myself again just feels im wide open for everyone to see.First time its been bad like this in this flat so god knows what all the nieghbors think.x

Im trying to not think what the neaghbors are thinking

Edited by David green
Guest David green
3 hours ago, David green said:

Yeah i keep telling myself ive been through worse and been myself again just feels im wide open for everyone to see.First time its been bad like this in this flat so god knows what all the nieghbors think.x

Just see home treatment it seemed chilled out different person there gonna try every other day instead of every day because i agreed with them when they said it felt intrusive to me.Allways thought i needed a cpn i did say this but at the end of the day its down to what they say.

I think if i had a cpn maybe it wouldnt of got so bad for me as they look after things but ive never had one.

David be vocal on ur needs, make sure to tell them what u feel would benefit u best and see what they say. Sometimes we have to fight tooth and nail for adequate support and treatment! I sat back for too long and just went along with what the doctors gave me or told me to do, which resulted in waiting 14yrs for the correct type of treatment for OCD. U need not suffer in silence xx

Guest David green

I did call the home treatment again saying about a cpn i spoke to the same person she said they will talk about it in there team.I said ive said it to the cpn in the mental health team but never got one.I also said i dont like talking about what the neagbors are saying i just dont like it.

Third time the home treatment came it was someone else i know they cant help that but when she called i didnt feel right and when i see her it didnt go right.But when i see same person again it did go ok and that day was the day i was feeling calm.Ive had the ocd an awful long time years maybe like yourself and it all started at a very stressful time in my life.

Im kinda accepting whats going on as what can i really do about it if people think wrong about me.I dont want to lose my flat so i cant end up in hospital plus its the best flat ive had and i wont get another one like it.I wonder how long these neagbors below are going to keep it up its hard trying to sleep while there saying what they say through the night and morning.

Edited by David green

David, I seriously doubt your neighbors are staying up through the night just to talk loudly about you, day in and day out. And I don't think your current problem has anything to do with OCD. Something else is going on. 

Guest David green
56 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

David, I seriously doubt your neighbors are staying up through the night just to talk loudly about you, day in and day out. And I don't think your current problem has anything to do with OCD. Something else is going on. 

What else do you think is going on polar bear

They dont talk load but loader enough to keep me awake im at my place tonight im just going to try go off to sleep now.

David,

Has anybody sat down with you and explained the voices you're hearing are generated by your anxiety?

I know it genuinely sounds like they are coming from outside your head so naturally you look for an explanation and conclude it's the neighbours talking. 

The voices can be very convincing, especially if they seem to be saying bad things about you and you're already thinking people are saying bad things about you.

But the voices - and the things they say - are all coming from inside your head. 

It's your fear that creates the voices. The things you hear them say are the things you're thinking. 

It's a quirk of how our brains work that the words sound like they are coming from somewhere outside your head, and it's normal and logical to assume it must be other people talking about you. You're not crazy!

But you are interpreting things a little bit differently to how they really are. 

It can be really hard to accept it's just a thought in your head when you're totally convinced it's someone else talking. I know that.

These kind of hallucinations can be very convincing. They feel so real. But it is is your own thoughts and fears, nothing more.

The medication you're on will reduce the voices and that will help. 

But what makes the voices stop is understanding that it's nothing more than your own thoughts you're hearing, as if they were other people talking. 

Distracting yourself with the radio and trying to get some sleep are good ideas.

I've got another suggestion for you and I really hope you'll give it a try AND keep trying it even if it seems hard at first. :)

As you go to sleep think about yourself in nice terms.

Think about how you'd like people to talk about you, all the nice things you want them to say. 

Imagine you live in a place where everybody around you has only good things to say about you. :) 

When you start thinking nice things about yourself, the voices should change and start saying nicer things too. 

It can take a while, especially if you keep thinking 'but it's not true' and continue thinking bad thoughts about yourself. But just keep thinking nice things about yourself and the voices will gradually fade and stop.

THINK NICE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF. :) 

Please give it a try. 

David, I agree also that the voices are inside ur head, it's just not very likely that two sets of neighbours would be talking about u in such a manner and a bit too coincidental that u had POCD before and are now hearing these things. The only other explanation I have is that when we have OCD our brain can very easily misinterpret what we hear around us, for example, when I had a fear of being gay, I used to jump with anxiety when my kids would ask if I wanted to play, because I'd think they said do u want to be gay...but I knew that I was just sensitive to anything that sounded like the word gay! logically I knew they didn't say that so I'd say "pardon" and listen more carefully.U could be experiencing a mixture of both or I wonder, have u ever been diagnosed with anything other than OCD? Xx

Guest David green
12 hours ago, snowbear said:

David,

Has anybody sat down with you and explained the voices you're hearing are generated by your anxiety?

I know it genuinely sounds like they are coming from outside your head so naturally you look for an explanation and conclude it's the neighbours talking. 

The voices can be very convincing, especially if they seem to be saying bad things about you and you're already thinking people are saying bad things about you.

But the voices - and the things they say - are all coming from inside your head. 

It's your fear that creates the voices. The things you hear them say are the things you're thinking. 

It's a quirk of how our brains work that the words sound like they are coming from somewhere outside your head, and it's normal and logical to assume it must be other people talking about you. You're not crazy!

But you are interpreting things a little bit differently to how they really are. 

It can be really hard to accept it's just a thought in your head when you're totally convinced it's someone else talking. I know that.

These kind of hallucinations can be very convincing. They feel so real. But it is is your own thoughts and fears, nothing more.

The medication you're on will reduce the voices and that will help. 

But what makes the voices stop is understanding that it's nothing more than your own thoughts you're hearing, as if they were other people talking. 

Distracting yourself with the radio and trying to get some sleep are good ideas.

I've got another suggestion for you and I really hope you'll give it a try AND keep trying it even if it seems hard at first. :)

As you go to sleep think about yourself in nice terms.

Think about how you'd like people to talk about you, all the nice things you want them to say. 

Imagine you live in a place where everybody around you has only good things to say about you. :) 

When you start thinking nice things about yourself, the voices should change and start saying nicer things too. 

It can take a while, especially if you keep thinking 'but it's not true' and continue thinking bad thoughts about yourself. But just keep thinking nice things about yourself and the voices will gradually fade and stop.

THINK NICE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF. :) 

Please give it a try. 

Thanks for telling me all that i have been asked if the voices are outside and not in my head and i have said outside my head.I woke up hearing it and feel freaked out i feel i cant go out today only at night.I had an ocd dream which was also a disaster nightmare.

I will do what you say as you know more about all this

Guest David green

I did get out to get milk and cornflakes i seem to be forgetting the person i really am after what snow bear told me to do.Im usualy easy going like to have a laugh and help people who are in a bad way.Ill have to keep reminding myself snow bear and im not anxious it seems a nice day sun is out and im just going to relax.

But not long ago guys i was helping an ex girlfriend of mine through a crisis & its been going on a long time & never expected myself to get like this but i was under a lot of stress and worry not knowing how i would cope if my benefits stopped.

8 hours ago, David green said:

Im usualy easy going like to have a laugh and help people who are in a bad way.Ill have to keep reminding myself snow bear and im not anxious it seems a nice day sun is out and im just going to relax.

That's the real David. Keep reminding yourself who the real you is and what a nice guy you are. It will help you to recover from this bad phase. :) 

Guest David green
15 hours ago, snowbear said:

That's the real David. Keep reminding yourself who the real you is and what a nice guy you are. It will help you to recover from this bad phase. :) 

Im reminding myself as much as i can ive been getting strange nightmares i wouldnt like to remember and lots of sweats in my sleep.Ive been off the alcohol since ive been at my worst i know i would like one but home treatment said to stay off it really otherwise they dont really want to treat me.

You're very wise steering away from alcohol. I know it's tempting but you've got to give the medication a fighting chance to help and Sulpiride and alcohol just don't mix, best to leave well alone.

Talking of which, Sulpiride can come with some side effects including sweating and nightmares, it might be worth mentioning those to your team when you next see them, are they still calling-in every other day?

Guest David green
11 minutes ago, Hal said:

You're very wise steering away from alcohol. I know it's tempting but you've got to give the medication a fighting chance to help and Sulpiride and alcohol just don't mix, best to leave well alone.

Talking of which, Sulpiride can come with some side effects including sweating and nightmares, it might be worth mentioning those to your team when you next see them, are they still calling-in every other day?

I certainly dont need it any worse so i stay away from the alcohol

the team started it off to every other day i got a phone call yesterday and there coming to see me today.I was worried yesterday when i called the home treatment team i asked if i was getting a cpn but they just said they are seeing if the cmht decide to take me on but nothing about a cpn.I was worried the support wouldnt be there but when someone else called me from the home treatment team they said they will try sort that out.I just need the support to be there.

So the sweating and the nightmares are down to the sulpiride i know i need to ignor the nightmares it can be hard as it kinda afects me.

Guest David green

See psychiatrist at my home today dont feel to good about it its left me feeling like a bad person.I cant do the things he was saying

What did he suggest, David, and why can't you do it? 

Is it just because it feels too hard to tackle? Could you give the suggestions a go anyway and see how you get on? You might do better than you think.

Don't fall back into thinking you're a bad person because it's hard to comply with treatment. Remember, keep thinking good thoughts about yourself whether you're able to do everything he suggested or not.

Guest David green
10 minutes ago, snowbear said:

What did he suggest, David, and why can't you do it? 

Is it just because it feels too hard to tackle? Could you give the suggestions a go anyway and see how you get on? You might do better than you think.

Don't fall back into thinking you're a bad person because it's hard to comply with treatment. Remember, keep thinking good thoughts about yourself whether you're able to do everything he suggested or not.

I cant remember much of it but for me to be walking outside is impossible

Its just so many questions around my ocd it left me feeling like i was a bad person just like that feeling i had at the hospital.It was like all eyes were on me and im not even guilty of anything.Im doing that all the time thinking good of myself im sure i cant hear what i was hearing in the day thinking it was the nieghbors and at night doesnt seem as bad i think but i still put my ear plugs in to help me sleep.

thanks

David, you're off some place in your head imagining things that haven't happened and worrying about the consequences if they did. It's not helpful.

First off, has anybody said you have to go into hospital? Or were you just asked to attend hospital as an outpatient? 

You've leaped from being asked to leave the house for a few hours to imagining a stay in hospital and imagining losing your house. It's all nonsense.

It's called catatstrophic thinking - imagining the scariest thing you can think of and reacting to the thought as if it was happening in reality. 

But it's NOT real.

Focus on what's happening now - making a cup of tea, getting ready for bed. Practical things in the here and now. Don't let your thoughts drift off to these kind of imagined future events. They aren't reality. 

Guest David green
12 hours ago, snowbear said:

David, you're off some place in your head imagining things that haven't happened and worrying about the consequences if they did. It's not helpful.

First off, has anybody said you have to go into hospital? Or were you just asked to attend hospital as an outpatient? 

You've leaped from being asked to leave the house for a few hours to imagining a stay in hospital and imagining losing your house. It's all nonsense.

It's called catatstrophic thinking - imagining the scariest thing you can think of and reacting to the thought as if it was happening in reality. 

But it's NOT real.

Focus on what's happening now - making a cup of tea, getting ready for bed. Practical things in the here and now. Don't let your thoughts drift off to these kind of imagined future events. They aren't reality. 

No one has said i have to go into hospital im just finding it hard to concentrate and just doing my online groceries list seemed very hard.Im thinking could i end up in hospital then comes the worry of losing my home.

I didnt have any nightmare and didnt wake up sweating today

Thanks polar bear

Edited by David green