Hello. It's been a while. Not sure if this is OCD. The part where I'm going over it is I know that much. Just I feel so guilty. Myself and my partner were walking in an area we shouldn't have been in an unfamiliar city. To cut a long story short out of nowhere a man approached us and asked my partner for a cigarette ( neither of us smoke ) the guy who looked high had his hand behind his back and wouldn't take no for an answer he kept on and on. I was so scared I unlinked my partners arm and got ready to run. Then appeared another rough looking character who said I've got one and off they ran. I am beside myself with guilt and the reason is if the guy would have attacked my partner I know I wouldn't have intervened I was that scared my instinct was to run I was too scared to try and fight the guy off. This makes me so sad because I adore my partner but I'm so selfish even in a situation like that my instinct was to protect myself and I can't get past worrying about it I feel terrible. 

25 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I can't get past worrying about it I feel terrible. 

........and because of that you're now looking for someone to reassure you about your actions :no:

You've identified this one correctly as OCD......now you have to put the drill into action and you know that means cutting the compulsions, namely reassurance seeking and ruminating.  Don't let this one build, extinguish it before it roars into a furnace :) 

9 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I'd like to know what others would do in the same situation. 

Of course you do but I hope no-one  offers you that reassurance.

Try and do what you know is the best course of action for OCD, work on those compulsions and please don't be asking family and friends for reassurance.

This is just like all the other times. Liberty. OCD has latched onto this and is trying to make a big deal out of it. Resist those compulsions, especially ruminating and reassurance seeking and get on with your day.

When you say you're trying, what do you mean, what are you trying?  Because I suspect that rather like Saz and many others it generally means that you're putting up with it, trying to carry on with life despite feeling awful.  That's good that you keep going but you will feel ill if you don't change the other coping behaviours like using compulsions, that's why you stumble from one incident to the next, it will keep on happening

You're missing the point Liberty, you tend to blow minor situations way out of proportion and then fall into the OCD trap of turning them into "but what if this had happened?" catastrophes and start considering what a bad person you are.  You need to work on understanding the pattern of your OCD so that all these minor incidents don't turn into OCD events, which is what happens every time something crops up.

So what is it that you're trying to do to help with this flare up?