2 hours ago, PhilM said:

I unintentionally found myself in an incredibly crowded pub where I had gone to meet my friend. I had forgotten Cardiff FC were playing at home and unfortunately I live near the ground. My almost instantaneous reaction was fear but I decided to stick it out and although it was very unpleasant I didn't go "mad" (whatever that means) and eventually calmed down. Shortly after the fans left and I was able to watch the rugby in a "relatively" relaxed mood.

Well done Phil :toot:sorry I haven't said much haven't felt like talking...

I love Cardiff all my friends live there I used to live there in fairwater I move to Essex four years ago to live near family.. my daughter only come from Cardiff last night..

hope your ok..

heidi 

20 hours ago, snowbear said:

You know you're going to get these sorts of episodes while reducing so it's a case of sticking with each lowered dose without top-ups.

Really important advice.  NEVER be tempted to go backwards and up the dose.  By all means pause on current dose and tread water for a while.....you have to choose the pace but don't go back.  Remember that the medication is a cause of your anxiety and eventually when you have withdrawn you may well find the panic attacks go.  It took me two years but it is the best thing I ever did.  You're doing well :thumbup:

The urge to UP the dose is there - I know the score about my mind and body and I know that "moving" backwards is not the way forward (makes sense??!!). It's scary after all these years on the medication - 2mg of Valium wouldn't even relieve my symptoms because of my tolerance but I feel that I am moving forward despite fearful thoughts and physical feelings. I always appreciate feedback - you are a cool bunch of people who have helped me and others enormously.

Snowdog (Heidi!) if you read this, I really hope you feel a bit better soon - I always try and remember that OCD can wax and wane - sometimes I feel I've made no progress and feel like you described believe me. I wish you all the best and keep posting when you feel up to it - lots of people want to offer you support and kindness and know how considerate you have been to other forum users. Best wishes, Phil.