Admission to hospital

Hello.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of being an inpatient for treatment for OCD that they are prepared to share.

I am being admitted to an OCD ward soon, hence asking.

I've never been admitted to a hospital before, what sort of things should I take with me?

Thank you very much for any comments, 

OCD10 

Hi Ocd10,

I hope things are going ok in the lead up to your in-patient stay.

Yes, I spent 12 weeks in the ADRU at Bethlem Royal Hospital but I'm guessing you're either going to Springfield or another OCD ward?

I think normally you just pack normal stuff like clothes, towels and toiletries and then some things to keep you entertained like books or magazines, a diary/journal if you have one, an MP3 player or laptop (if you're allowed one- it will depend on the hospital), a few snacks for the first week, some photos from home if you like and any other things that you need to help you feel comfortable, a soft blanket (again check the hospital rules). One of my friends at the ADRU took her exotic snails with her in a tank(!!) [I'm fairly sure that wouldn't be allowed in a normal OCD unit!].

Keep us updated on your stay if you have time and feel like it!

Hi there 

hope your ok and your stay in hospital will go well... I've been in to hospital has well and found it a bit boring so make sure you take some stuff you can do like ear phones music etc books magazines... I took pjs dressing gown slippers clothes toiletries just general stuff really.. they do like you to get dressed everyday has well.. at mine they had a place were you can wash your own clothes so it depends really what ever you don't take someone can bring it in for you.. 

hope it goes well for you.. 

get well soon 

snow ❄️