I don't know what to do ?

I am struggling with my OCD a lot at the moment even though one of my biggest OCD worries turned out not to be true recently.

At the moment I am in a panic state because my aunt left my gran's cabinet open (it was my gran's funeral yesterday) in our living room and my dog may have got a hearing aid battery from the cabinet. I was upstairs at the time. There were some hearing aid batteries in there in the past but I'm not sure if there were any there recently. Hearing aid batteries can lead to full thickness burns and ulcers and kill a dog, I have no car/driving licence and my family won't drive to the vets when it is not definite that she swallowed a battery.

I am really anxious and quite angry about lots of things at the moment and don't know what to do?!

I wouldn't consider this OCD. You have every right to feel concerned that your dog ingested a battery. Do you have a friend or a neighbor that could take your dog to the vet and get it checked out? I suspect a laxative is in order but I'm not a medical professional. 

Hi PureOfied,

Thanks for your message. The problem is that I get into similar 'My dog ate...' panics most (well really 'every') day and I didn't see her eating a button battery- I am just concerned that she could have. I definitely would like to get her checked and think that if I was living alone I would probably take a taxi to get her checked out BUT we have already been for other things like a swallowed mushroom, a sock and a swallowed hairbrush needle (this is despite her never being left alone). I am hoping to report back in a week that all is well but absolutely terrified about her getting ill at the same time. Today has been a horrible day and this is another worry!