ERP, am i doing this correctly?, advice appreciated

I need some advice please around something that happened yesterday, sorry if this is too personal but it surrounds masturbation, I had it in my mind to do this act but just before I started In my eye line I caught sight of a picture of my 4yr old son. I went into a slight panic as to if I should postpone this act as I feel I had seen this picture far too close to the act itself (just a couple of minutes) I also thought that if I postpone then I am demonstrating avoidance, so I thought that then best thing to do was proceed as planned. However I worried about this picture of my son popping into my head during and at the 'final' moment, and lo and behold it did.

I am now worrying if this picture was the reason I did this whole act in the first place and that was the real motivation for me, did I do the right or wrong thing by proceeding with this act? I am confused and worrying that it means my worst fears and I may be a p. Should I have not done it or done it? I suspect I should have proceeded but not ruminated over this picture or questions afterwards?

I practise many safety behaviours around this topic, I always make sure I am in a position to shower straight afterwards, so I can wash my parts and hands thoroughly. I won't do this act if I have to pick my son up from pre-school that day as I worry that is the real reason for me doing it and that there may be some substances still on my hands when I go into the building and that I am deliberately spreading this substance at the pre-school. I also tend to do this act in the bathroom only as I can flush anything away immediately. I usually tend to make sure my wife and son are out as well. On the rare occasions they are in  I put the shower on to help drown out their voices, I have been known to try and hum to myself or put toilet paper in my ears incase the shower noise is not enough to do this. I always wash my hands many many times for the rest of the day despite having had a thorough shower.

I am sorry that this is such a personal post, I hope no one is offended by it, in my mind I was trying to do some kind of ERP but not very successfully. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Erp would be to sit with it and carry on with your day. Stop thinking about it. You masterbated like millions of us do and there happened to be a picture there. Work out what ocd is telling you and just ignore it and sit with the intense anxiety. I sometimes ask if this is its best or worse it can give me.