Intense Romantic Feelings

Hi

I suffer from pure OCD and other forms of OCD and I've been having problems with my romantic life ATM.

I'm a young man in his 20's and have never had much luck with women but i always seem to find myself getting worked up when i meet a woman i like.

For example, there is a woman at work who i like but she's finishing this week and I'd love to ask her out but i don't really know her that well. I find myself getting quite anxious at not having a chance with her. 

Same goes when i see happy couples everywhere. I wish that i could have that.

Is this linked to OCD as I've never heard anything like this.

Thanks

Many people have this kind of problem, which is I think tied up with the fear of rejection. Plus the feeling that the other person might feel negative about us (the cognitive distortion of "mind-reading"). 

I had that fear of rejection.In my early 20s I was working in an all-male environment with little opportunity to meet girls. 

I broadened my horizons, got to meet some and built up the courage to ask some out - telling myself that if they weren't interested, then "there were plenty more fish in the sea". 

I went out with a number of nice girls until one was the right one.

So it's a question of ignoring any adverse feelings and taking the usual OCD method of "maybe, maybe not"  about detrimental intrusions. Maybe she will want to go out with me, maybe she won't - and not being afraid to ask. 

Do however be sensible and check her ring finger, and observe to see if she may already have a romantic involvement!   No need to rush in without a little groundwork, and improve the odds :)

As unromantic as it might sound, dating really is a numbers game. Some of the folk you fancy will fancy you back, some won't. You will never know unless you try. It's the same for every procreating organism on this crazy planet. Rejection happens and is nothing to be feared or embarrassed about. 

On the face of what you've described it doesn't particularly look like OCD as such but is possibly a combination of anxiety, low self-esteem and maybe some obsessive tentencies.  Do you have any other particular problems that make you feel you may have OCD?