There's an activity that I've taken up about a year ago. I have increased the activity Because I chose to. I used to do this acitivity once a month, but now I do it twice a month. I do this activity every other Saturday or Sunday, always weekends (never weekdays Because I don't have time with work.) Well, this Saturday that passed I couldn't do it because I was busy. I was planning on doing it Sunday but I was tired and things came up. Whenever I miss my scheduled activity I feel fear and unhappiness. I can't feel comfortable until it's done but then I think about it until I do it again. Its not the activity it's the action of not being able to keep a schedule. I enjoy the activity but I don't enjoy the fear of not being able to do it when I need. I convince myself that when it's out of schedule something bad will happen. I then fear every weekend acitivity will be ruined, and never be back in schedule. I don't know if this is even part of OCD but it's the fear of losing my schedule and then everything goes downhill from there. I know that I can open my life to other things than just obsessions but it's seeming impossible. Im so tired, and I find comfort when the obsessions are done. 

Hey, I have this problem too. And I have been diagnosed with OCD but I also have OCPD traits and I'm confused about which is which. Lately my OCD has centred around trying to work this all out so I can't really say too much right now but I wanted to let you know I understand and I sympathise. Hopefully someone else here can give you some advice.

37 minutes ago, kaheath80 said:

Hey, I have this problem too. And I have been diagnosed with OCD but I also have OCPD traits and I'm confused about which is which. Lately my OCD has centred around trying to work this all out so I can't really say too much right now but I wanted to let you know I understand and I sympathise. Hopefully someone else here can give you some advice.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Can I ask you to explain your obsessions with this because this is the first time someone has related with this kind of obsessions. Also, what exactly is OCPD? I know what it is but how is it different from regular OCD? 

I can relate. I stopped going to the gym because I wasn't able to attend at the same time on the same days of the week each week. This was a blessing in a (at the time wholly convincing) disguise, as the gym had itself become an obsession. Now I just walk (counting every single step of course!). 

10 hours ago, TheAuthor said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Can I ask you to explain your obsessions with this because this is the first time someone has related with this kind of obsessions. Also, what exactly is OCPD? I know what it is but how is it different from regular OCD? 

Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Which is all about rules and schedules. I haven't quite worked out how to tell the difference but I can't say too much more as it will make me anxious, thinking about all of this is a compulsion for me that I am trying to avoid.

I have to do a certain amount of walking and exercise a week or I panic I'll get fat. I have to have sex once a week or I think my wife and I will break up. I think these things are probably OCD. I also have to do certain things every weekend or I feel guilty, but that could be OCPD, I'm not really sure.

9 hours ago, kaheath80 said:

Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Which is all about rules and schedules. I haven't quite worked out how to tell the difference but I can't say too much more as it will make me anxious, thinking about all of this is a compulsion for me that I am trying to avoid.

I have to do a certain amount of walking and exercise a week or I panic I'll get fat. I have to have sex once a week or I think my wife and I will break up. I think these things are probably OCD. I also have to do certain things every weekend or I feel guilty, but that could be OCPD, I'm not really sure.

I thank you for explaining, it's appreciated. Thank you, and I guess it's just something that comes along with this annoying bump in the road. I can relate to your exercise one as well. I wish you luck in combating these thoughts and I hope I can do the same

2 hours ago, TheAuthor said:

I thank you for explaining, it's appreciated. Thank you, and I guess it's just something that comes along with this annoying bump in the road. I can relate to your exercise one as well. I wish you luck in combating these thoughts and I hope I can do the same

Thank you ?