Worried about consistency

Does anyone else get anxious that they are not reacting to intrusive thoughts as consistently as they have been?

What I mean is, I can have a few days of being really awesome at it, an unwanted thought will pop up, whatever it is, and I will automatically recognise it as intrusive. But then I find that I don't tend to consider this as often, although thankfully I do still refrain from working thoughts out, which I suppose is the main thing.

I get anxious that I need to be perfect at managing it, that I have to fully recognise them as unwanted, as well as not react to them. This in itself then becomes an intrusive thought. An intrusive thought about how I'm dealing with intrusive thoughts, if you will.

Would CBT assist me in automatically recognising unwanted thoughts as what they are?

Is it even necessary to consistently do so, as long as I'm not reacting to the thoughts?

Thanks

Sounds like a bit of perfectionism showing up. You don't have to be perfect with recognizing intrusive thoughts. You don't have to perfect doing anything. Good enough is good enough. So long as you're catching most of them and practicing not reacting to the thoughts, you're doing well.