Forum group not visible to non-members

Did anyone realize that the Forum Group OCD Revelent Discussion Forums, which includes the forums 'OCD in the Media' and 'Support Groups' is not visible unless you are signed in? Is that on purpose or did something get switched off accidentally? I can't imagine why a visitor to the website (a guest) wouldn't want to look at those forums. Then again, maybe I'm missing something.

Well, if you sign out and look at the home page, you cannot see OCD in the media, Support Groups, etc, but you can see the Member Only forums such as Central Perk. Doesn't make sense. At least to me.

You can see them, but you can't read them! 

I think the main forums are sufficient "taster"  to encourage people to sign up, join our community, then benefit from additional services. 

One of the best decisions I ever made!

I think it's important to remember that, although we actually do have wonderful technology due to Ashley's erstwhile professional work in IT,  the charity is itself a small entity reliant on the services of volunteers, membership subscriptions donations and fundraising to do its work. 

There are some quirks in the software relating to the new forums (e g. I have issues re use of the photo gallery) , but for me they are minimal, and the need for the  work we do for sufferers who join our community is far more important. :)

Edited by taurean
amendment

Taurean, if you sign out, can you still see the forums OCD in the Media and Support Groups? Because I can't. They disappear from the screen. I can see the OCD support forums and I can see the OCD-UK Member forums, but I can't see the others. It doesn't make sense to me that you would entice a guest with the OCD-UK Member forums and not the others.

I agree with you, but I don't consider it a big issue needing resolution urgently, any more than my issues with the photo gallery. 

The general work of the charity is more important, and I know Ashley is focusing his IT energies on revamping the main OCD-UK website and bringing it up to date. 

He doesn't have, so far as I am aware, other IT guru help to do this currently. :)

It's perhaps a matter of priorities therefore - but I see your point, which is well made :)

I understand Ashley is busy and that this is not an urgent issue. Nevertheless, this forum exists for the purpose of pointing out issues. I've pointed it out. What gets done about it, if anything, is up to others.