sorry,please help AGAIN

stuck in the sticky web.

i know this is the same old same old but i need to write on here to stop myself googling.

me and my partners sex life is not great and i dont know if this contributes to this.

i went to bed the other night after a bottle of red wine and in a half sleep i found myself thinking of my mother in law,it came out of the blue,the thoughts were sexual,she is obviously alot older,im 37,i let them be and even entertained them,a fantasy i suppose but it was still uncomfortable,i did not masterbate

i do not find her attractive like that atall,never have but in that daydream i got aroused.

the next day i felt guilt but being tired it kept popping in my head and i let myself think about it again

then crash,i am in this pit of disgust,feeling unfaithfull,needing to confess,googling constantly to find if its normal.

its not ok i know,i dont know why i let it happen

i have had similar experiances and have been told its ocd now because i am obsessing about it and doing compulsions but of cause i find it so hard to beleave and yet again truly beleave im just gross

i love my partner and also think the mind can take you to places but im realy struggling with this.

i feel it wasnt all intrusive and that i entertained it,maby the taboo but is the guilt justified

Hello battlethrough I understand how you feel. It's so hard but you have to really dig in when we are feeling this way. Take the leap of faith it's the ocd also try telling yourself it's a worrying disorder you have and that's why your feeling this way. Think of the good times you have had you can have them again despite this . 

You're really asking for reassurance, looking for confirmation that you are a sick puppy. It's not going to happen.

I go back to what I asked before. Based on you going through this many times in the past, what do you think you should do about this?

Edited by PolarBear
  • 7 months later...