Back to square one!! PleAse help!!

Hi not been on for a while as my daughter had been doing good for 4 weeks had good days. The germs and hand washing had stopped. The intrusive thoughts was dying off. Went out tk places which my daughter couldn't do before and there was progress.She had 3 months of therapy one to one. With a trainee  Psychologist. But now she's left. We have had 4 sessions every 4 week with a family therapist. But now we are waiting for another therapist to do one to one therapy again. So it's been a week and a half now without therapy. And now my daughters obsessive handwashing and germs have come back. Plus other extra things. She's just miserable and sad. Plus she's getting really upset about choosing what clothes to wear it can take her over half an hour to decide as she has gone very indecisive and gets hysterical on picking what to wear so she asks me to pick for her. I really don't understand it. She won't tell me what's going on Any advice why she's gone backwards as she was doing so well. I'm really worried as what to do . Thanks 

Hi Mrs Porter,

It could be some worry unrelated to the lack of therapy, but in my opinion it's most likely this resurgence of symptoms is from feeling insecure during this transition between therapists, or 'grieving' at the loss of the therapist she connected well with.

Perhaps you can be her temporary therapist, giving lots of encouragement and stepping in with reminders of what she needs to do whenever you see the rituals appear. Take the stance that she's learned new skills to cope with the anxiety and ask her about what she learned to prompt her to put those techniques in place again. 

Good luck. :)