What causes mental problems?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgive me bruce as I forget, are you currently medicated?

Did something happen at work to precipitate your anxious state?

My advice would be to fix yourself your favourite hot beverage, sink into your favourite comfy chair, and use the magic of modern technology to watch your favourite comedy show.

3 minutes ago, bruces said:

I'm going to have a bath,everything just feels so completely pointless to me and I don't know why? I have a fairly easy life but nothing interests me 

Perhaps that's part of the problem bruce. Your life might not be challenging you enough. What would your perfect day look like?

22 minutes ago, bruces said:

I'm going to have a bath,everything just feels so completely pointless to me and I don't know why? I have a fairly easy life but nothing interests me 

I think this is going around in circles now. I really can't see the point in me allowing threads like this to continue Bruces, they don't help you and you appear to be ignoring the advice offered to you by people. The more you type this stuff, the more you will be believing it.

Maybe you yourself need to take some responsibility here and perhaps force yourself to spend say 10-14 days of this and all forums/social media where you type such words, and instead spend that time living life, try something different each day, each night and just see how you feel after your self-imposed (all) forum ban after 10-days, the same, worse or slightly better.

1 minute ago, bruces said:

Ok I will do ash but can anybody tell me why I feel like I do 

If you're unhappy with your life, there are two things you can do: change the aspects of it you're unhappy with (wherever practical) or change your expectations. Or ideally change both.

6 hours ago, bruces said:

Ok I will do ash but can anybody tell me why I feel like I do 

The problem is Bruce's that people have done in thousands of different ways but you just glide straight past the advice, largely ignoring it and just posting the next self-depracating statement.  You feel this way because this is how you are programming yourself.  Your brain/body are working properly and responding appropriately to the input it's receiving from you.  These thoughts aren't coming from an outside source, they are your thoughts, your ruminations, your internal conversations that have become habitual.  Are you prepared to put in the hard work and effort to try and change this or not?