Ocd trying to ruin my relationship with my brother

Hi all, 

for the past 7 months or so I've been going through a resurfacing of OCD, and a lot of them are particularly sexual in nature being as how my brother and I were abused as children by a cousin.

one time, maybe 11 years or so ago my brother walked in on me masturbating and made a comment like "imagine if I blew you" or something to that effect and we laughed obviously cause it was a stupid sophomoric joke..

it resurfaced because I was having a fear that maybe someone else sexually abused me (no one did) first I had it with my dad and then now I have it with my brother.

my question to the people on this forum: should I continue to ruminate? I don't want to hate or resent him because of a stupid blowjob comment.  I chalk it up to being stupid teenagers and confused about what happened to us.  I brought it up to him and he said he doesn't remember saying anything, which to me makes it seem like it's OCD because it's an insignificant even that I'm importanizing.  Also does his comment put him in the same category as the one who sexually physically abused us? No right?

First off, OCD doesn't want to damage your relationship with your brother. It doesn't want anything. It's not sentient. It doesn't care. It's simply sending out intrusive thoughts largely based on the fact that you keep responding to them.

Clearly you should put the brakes on your ruminating. You've already admitted it's not a big deal. Ruminating is only going to keep the matter top of mind where it will continue to bother you.

Leave it alone. Refuse to get into mind debates over something so minor. 

I won't take you to task for referring to OCD as a sentient thing - as long as a it's a cursory metaphor. But re your post, it's patently apparent it's a long rhetorical rumination. Treat it with the disdain it deserves, toss it in the rubbish bin, and move forward.