OCD as premonition

Hello,

I'm having what I assume is an OCD thought that my lovely dog is going to die this week. The problem is that I had the same thought about my cat the week that she died in December- my cat was 14 and had been vomiting on and off but wasn't obviously dying- I told family members about the thought and kept asking for a lift to the Vets (I cannot drive) but I thought that the thought was OCD.

My Dad had a big angry outburst (no physical aggression though) a minute ago so perhaps my anxiety levels are just raised but I wanted to write this down so that I can hopefully come back next week and update.

Edited by BelAnna

Hi BelAnna

I don't believe in premonitions any more than I believe in Santa Claus (sorry for the spoiler kids!).

I'm really sorry that your cat passed away. I have 5 of the little darlings and I love them dearly. Whenever they become ill, I always fear the worst. I'm guessing this is what you're interpreting as a premonition. The truth is, we can't predict how long our pets will be with us. Best just to make the most of them every day.

You could suggest to your dad that he takes your doggy for walkies. It might calm him down a little!