I've stuck with this dose for a little while now due to lots of life's trials and tribulations plus of course OCD. I got into a panic on Tuesday as I usually see my super-supportive GP every two weeks on a Friday regarding the withdrawal program and thought I might not be able to get a repeat as you have to give two days notice and of course the surgery is shut today as it is Good Friday.The nature of dependency? I will hopefully see her next Friday instead and will reflect in the meantime about going down to 9mg which would be 1x5mg and 2x2mg per day - a long way from 40mg a day but a tough journey and I appreciate ALL the support I've received on this forum. Best wishes, Phil.

2 hours ago, PhilM said:

I've stuck with this dose for a little while now due to lots of life's trials and tribulations plus of course OCD. I got into a panic on Tuesday as I usually see my super-supportive GP every two weeks on a Friday regarding the withdrawal program and thought I might not be able to get a repeat as you have to give two days notice and of course the surgery is shut today as it is Good Friday.The nature of dependency? I will hopefully see her next Friday instead and will reflect in the meantime about going down to 9mg which would be 1x5mg and 2x2mg per day - a long way from 40mg a day but a tough journey and I appreciate ALL the support I've received on this forum. Best wishes, Phil.

I'm only catching up with you at what looks to be the tail end of your journey out of dependency. Having been there myself, I would like to simply say kudos to you Phil. The strongest folk I've ever met are in recovery (if that's not too profound a way to describe the process). Keep it up pal. Nothing wrong with a gentle amble to freedom.

Thank you. The guidelines I read and consultant I saw made it clear that as the dependency had been so long (maybe 12 years or so) the cessation program would take at least a year give or take so it's been around a year now but it's not a race - as long as I keep making progress and not go back as someone here very kindly told me. Best wishes, Phil

Hi friends. I'm hoping when I see my GP on Friday I will be down to 9mg - 1x5mg and 2xmg. I'm feeling very sensitive and slightly sad that I didn't get any responses I posted yesterday and Saturday particularly "love and hope" but that's my ego! We're all at different points and I hope I have something to offer and have given a lot of attention to some forum users - good or bad I'm not sure but nothing inappropriate or mean intended. Best wishes, Phil.

51 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Hi friends. I'm hoping when I see my GP on Friday I will be down to 9mg - 1x5mg and 2xmg. I'm feeling very sensitive and slightly sad that I didn't get any responses I posted yesterday and Saturday particularly "love and hope" but that's my ego! We're all at different points and I hope I have something to offer and have given a lot of attention to some forum users - good or bad I'm not sure but nothing inappropriate or mean intended. Best wishes, Phil.

Well done Phil keep up the good work.. sorry I didn't see your post this weekend I haven't been on for a while.. I've only just come on.. finding things a bit hard at the moment.. 

all the best on your next dose down.. how ever hard it gets member u can you can do this like I did it's bloody hard but it can be done 

all the best heidi 

That's ok no problem.. I'm dreadfull at the moment.. thoughts driving me nuts again :bash:  But I'm a lot better than when I was on benzos tho thank god nothing was worse than withdrawel.. so I try and think of that.. how are you doing ? Is withdrawel ok at the moment ? 

Heidi 

Edited by Snowdog

Hi I'm sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment. I think the withdrawal thing is now mostly in my head - not craving pills but associating waking up in the morning and taking one, taking one before going out or the tiniest bit of stress? For example, my heart is racing a bit fast right now so I start thinking about pills! It's obviously as much a psychological thing as a physical thing after to many years on the horrid things.

I hope you feel better soon and remember "just a thought" despite it being hard sometimes. Thanks as always for you support. Best wishes, Phil.

10 hours ago, PhilM said:

Hi I'm sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment. I think the withdrawal thing is now mostly in my head - not craving pills but associating waking up in the morning and taking one, taking one before going out or the tiniest bit of stress? For example, my heart is racing a bit fast right now so I start thinking about pills! It's obviously as much a psychological thing as a physical thing after to many years on the horrid things.

I hope you feel better soon and remember "just a thought" despite it being hard sometimes. Thanks as always for you support. Best wishes, Phil.

Hi Phil 

hope you had a good day :goof:

thats ok no problem I'm having a better one today :yes: and I hope you are to..

thats ok that's what we are here for :biggrin:

keep going your doing well 

:flowers2: