Reassurance worries

Yes, I cried over chicken. This has happened before when I say something and then I start worrying. Earlier I was speaking of what I was going to eat. I said chicken and then I added, "But that's unhealthy." My friend who does the grocery shopping asked why we bought it then. Then my friend said if I didn't like it we wouldn't eat it anymore. Well suddenly I needed reassurance. I had to know she'd still buy it. I had to make sure she wouldn't listen to my dumb comment. I need her to buy that because I don't want change and if she doesn't buy it it'll be my fault. Now for twenty minutes I've been asking for reassurance and no matter how many times she tells me she'll still buy it im  worrying and needed more and more reassurance and im wishing I didn't say anything about it that started me to worry and it's a spiral of worries and reassuring

Obvious answer is "Stop It"

I can almost hear you shout back "I would if I could but I can't" :crybaby:  But you can, especially if you nip it in the bud now.  Everytime you feel compelled to ask that question, zip it :shutup: postpone it, and then do it again and again.  You can stop asking the reassurance questions but you have to work at it.  Give it a go the rest of this evening :)

32 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

Obvious answer is "Stop It"

I can almost hear you shout back "I would if I could but I can't" :crybaby:  But you can, especially if you nip it in the bud now.  Everytime you feel compelled to ask that questions, zip it :shutup: postpone it, and then do it again and again.  You can stop asking the reassurance questions but you have to work at it.  Give it a go the rest of this evening :)

I know it's just so hard that it's not solved. I need to solve it, and eventually enough times will lessen the uncomfortable feelings a bit. I just can't stop thinking about how it's unsolved and still really bothering me. Just out of curiosity, is this a normal or is this something caused by OCD or is it just me blowing it out of proportion?

Edited by TheAuthor
1 minute ago, TheAuthor said:

I need to solve it,

You "feel" you need to solve it because you have OCD......and nope, it's not easy going against that strong urge to be reassured, that's feeling complelled but you can if you start to change your reaction to that need.  Give it a go the rest of this evening, you may find that the uge to ask dies down faster than you think :)

1 minute ago, Caramoole said:

You "feel" you need to solve it because you have OCD......and nope, it's not easy going against that strong urge to be reassured, that's feeling complelled but you can if you start to change your reaction to that need.  Give it a go the rest of this evening, you may find that the uge to ask dies down faster than you think :)

Okay I'll try it. That will be extremely difficult but worth it in the long wrong. Thank you ?

22 hours ago, Caramoole said:

Fingers crossed for you....be ready for that strong urge but :shutup: and try to ride out that wave of discomfort.

I managed to go hours and the night without asking. I felt slip ups, yes. But something about being able to say I did it made it easier. Something about thinking "just ignore it until _" helped. Today a conversation I ask for reassurance about came up and I did ask a few times but I got off of the subject quickly. Something about knowing I will be able to say I did it made it easier. It's almost a reward system really.